Yakattack Cellbock Anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yakattack Cellbock Anyone??

I picked up a new fish finder with one of the longer side scan transducers. Yeah, I like to mount it under the hull and put a cover on it, but my new yak doesn’t have a mount and I ant keen on putting holes in the boat. Plus, I never understand how you guys keep your hulls looking slick, mine looks like it lost a fight to werewolf, and that transducer would be on the half shell by the first tide change.
    So, anybody using a Yakattack cellbock, battery/FF/transducer mount thing? They look promising, but also clunky.
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

I've never used one but it does look like a pretty good solution to keep your FF, battery, transducer, and wiring organized and self contained. I think the biggest benefit of it is that you can pick it up and put it on other kayaks easily because it's self contained. It does look a bit clunky like you said, and perhaps overpriced for what it is (I don't think the transducer arm is included, might have to buy that separate), but thats the "kayak tax" in action.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

I haven't used the cellblock, but I use the switch arm that comes with it for mounting my side scan transducer over the side of my Ocean Kayak. The switch arm is nice and works as advertised. I paddle and don't really notice it causing any additional drag on my kayak from it hanging over the side.
      Brian

Comment

I bought the cellblock and returned it. It's big, and bulky. Even worse, it doesn't even come close to keeping water out. I fish salt primarily and salt water splashing on my battery is no good. I ended up running thru hull wiring and keeping the batter secured inside the hull.
        Native Titan Propel 12
        Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
        Mercury 6hp
        Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
        Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

Originally posted by CHOC View Post
          Even worse, it doesn't even come close to keeping water out.
          Whoa, that's a deal breaker!!!!
          In the hull it goes.
          Thanks
          Jay

10' Green Slayer
          13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Working...
          X