Saturday BB report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday BB report

I went the bay bridge on Saturday. Arrived around 11am and stayed till dark.

I was windy and pretty rough. Not many boats out at all.

I headed north towards the dumping grounds and trolled a plastic eel and a spoon. I was going against the waves and it was fun. I didn't catch a thing, so I decided to go back towards the bridge. The waves were really big by that time, especially far from shore. I started to get uneasy when the waves started pushing me more than was comfortable. At one point a big one took me for a ride... I surfed that thing, unwillingly, for a good 5 seconds. It scared the bejeses out of me and I decided to head closer to shore.

Along the bridge pilings to the west, I jigged but got nothing. 3 guys on a big boat were chumming and dropping clams I think, and caught 4 or 5 small stripers, then left. I trolled a bit south of the bridge where the water was calmer, and caught nothing.

Great day nonetheless. I was pretty wet by the end.
    Last edited by chex; 11-06-2011, 08:26 PM. Reason: Oops, wrong forum, sorry
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

I was there today Sunday,trolled some lures then switched to dunking live eels not one hit.The water was pretty calm nice day just no fish.Saw about 6 boats and 1 kayak ,didn't see them catch anything eighter.Its time to head to Ocean City and try for the migratory stripers and blues.

Comment

Went on a charter boat this morning and we trolled and jigged just south of the Bay Bridge and into the eastern bay. We went further south of chesapeake beach, and we caught no keeper fish either. Two guys did manage two 10 inch or 14 inch stripers. The day turned out to be a nice day on the water, but the VHF radio had reports of other boats not catching today either.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
        The day turned out to be a nice day on the water, but the VHF radio had reports of other boats not catching today either.
        Charter Captains are smart (I know I'm in the business), they'll make sure you here the VHF when people are talking about not catching and they'll be sure you don't hear the report that fish are being caught when it's tough on your boat.

Just some insider trading.

But I do know fishing this weekend was overall pretty slow, as the winning fish for the Fish For a Cure Tournament in Annapolis was only 7lbs 10 oz.
        Last edited by CB kayak 02; 11-06-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X