St Jeromes 11/11,12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jeromes 11/11,12

If anyone is planning on fishing St Jeromes on friday the 11th or saturday the 12th let me know. Plan is to get down there Thursday night and have a cast and blast weekend hunting the mornings and maybe evenings and fish during the day. Does anyone know if there are still any specks or croaker around that area or has it cooled off to much? Good Fishin

Chimo

specks and croaker seem to be gone. I hear there are perch in the Patuxant under the bridge and in Smith creek. I'm sure you'll hook-up with someone at either PLO or SJC.
    So what will you "blast"? Deer hunting is good right now, but is bow only. There aresome good places for duck hunting if you have a boat....some in the north part of st jeromes creek, In Smith creek just up and down the creek from the beachville boatramp. You can see the little bays and coves on google maps. Of course you have to set up a wet blind since the land is private. I have not really seen good rafts of ducks yet. not really cold enough.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Guess the blast portion is a little over stated my crossbow is pretty quiet Planning on bowhunting on a co-workers property that is right around St Jeromes Creek. I will be able to launch from his from front yard after hunting in his back yard

Chimo

Comment

If you shoot a deer, would you freeze it for later winter time meals?
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Well you may have some great luck. I saw 14 deer including 4 bucks in the short 7 or so mile drive from my place to SJC Sunday. They have been on the move in first 3 hours after dawn.
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

tufnik, yup, process it into the cut's I like and then freeze. Can't say that it will last all that long. I like venison and use it in place of beef. Come to think of it, I never bought any beef last year

Kevinfry, the rut is just kicking into gear, the deer hunting should just get better for the next few weeks! Good thing I can't hunt on sunday's otherwise I wouldn't be on the water for a while

Chimo

Comment

Working...
            X