Norfolk/VB this Sat/Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norfolk/VB this Sat/Sun

I was planning to rake leaves and clean the house and cars this weekend.

I really didn't expect this. Wx forecast this weekend is fairly good at Norfolk/VB. Sat and Sun will be around 60. Winds during the day, less than 10 mph. If it holds, forget the leaves . CBBT (or HRBT, etc.) might be the ticket.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Man, you got some energy. I am still recovering from last weeks trip down there. I would love to hit more trout, but I am doing an experimental late season kayak crabbing trip this Sat. So VA Beach is out for me.

Comment

OK Tuf....when would you leave and when would you fish???
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

The usual, depending on wx. Leave 4 am Sat or Sun, hit the water 9-10 am. Quit around 4 pm. Rest a few hours. Then hit the water again at 8 pm for night fishing at some other location. Quit around 1-3 am depending on wx and the bite. Rest, then drive home. Get home around 5-6 am.

Hey, any idea what we might get in the deep water off the light platform at PLO? Thinking about trolling and jigging.

Comment

Tuf- I would think the big girls are hanging around PLO- It seems like on a calm day we could get out there and try pulling some deep divers like the Stretch 25's or Rapala Magnum diver- big swim shads and bucktails- I want to try Point No Point and PLO, but I can't go this weekend- I will be on the west coast- leaving Saturday morning from BWI at 7 am - arriving in Portland Oregon at 12:15 PST for a business meeting Monday morning. Fly home Tuesday. I am going Chinook salmon fishing Sunday in the Columbia basin with a friend who lives in Portland.
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

My plan for Saturday is Blast and Cast with Goose hunting in the morning and then Striper fishing at a local spot after that. I want to make it down to VB again this year, but it may not happen because I only have my sit in kayak although I did fish HRBT in it last year... I'm off work all next week, so we'll see...
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

You guys are hardcore!
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Are you crabbing Monday too, moc? Where? Is there a pier to throw crab nets from? I have those round (2' diameter) net traps.

If I'm back on Sunday, maybe I can squeeze in a crabbing trip too.

Hey, again, what is that recipe for deep fried crab? I think it goes like this:
                - remove back, but keep body and legs on
                - make batter (egg and flour?) with lots of ginger and ?
                - coat crab and deep fry until crispy

Comment

Comeonfish is going to Kipto. If CBBT waters are too rough, I may join him Saturday morning.

For Saturday night, looks like there are many choices: Rudee, HRBT or James River Bridge.

Blackfin said specks and stripers are biting at JRB. It's a short paddle to JRB to fish along the pilings.

Comment

Working...
                  X