Brand New Here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Here.....

Hello Guys, Brand new to the kayak fishing and board. I have been reading through some of the threads. Alot of good info on here.....I have to admit...I have lived around the bay my entire life...caught everything from minnows to Blue Marlin but there is something about this type of fishing that is addicting! I have only been out twice fishing from a yak, so like I said I have plenty to learn here but I think I found the right place. I look forward to all the advice and tips !!
    www.cnksaltwatertackle.com
    See our new line of STRIPER TREATS Plastics in 7" , 9" and 12". A NEW WORLD OF FISHING PLASTICS!

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you here

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Welcome aboard ...........

Comment

Welcome aboard and nice products too!! Hope to see ya on the water next spring.
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

i think you found the right place too

in my short yakking time, i've had a lot of fun. there is something about it that really appeals to me too. it's not boat fishing, and there's some real advantage when i'm able to apply it.

x2 on your tackle!

Comment

welcome aboard! im waiting to try out those new sniper lures.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Welcome!

I'm new too. This place is great.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Welcome, the sport of fishing out of a yak is very addicting. i'm finding since starting to fish may of this year... i catch more fish out of my yak and enjoy the experience completely. Best of Luck and happy to have another comrade with us . ""Bent Rods & Tight Lines Always!!

Comment

Welcome!

Chimo

Comment

We finished up the orders last night...I was playing around online watching a couple videos. Saw a pretty cool one with "Kayak Kevin". He was fishing the concrete ships....Sheds a whole new light on that type of fishing...actually bumping into and going thru the middle of them. Also watched a couple videos of guys fishing the BB pilings.....

What is the best way to mount the transducer. I saw one guy had an arm that swiveled, the transducer was mounted on the arm, he covered the wire with heat shrink tubing. The cool part was if he didnt want it hanging over the side, he simply loosened the nut and swung the arm up and it layed on the side of the kayak. I was thinking just mount the transducer inside the yak. I know the signal is not as good but was wondering how you guys do it.
                    www.cnksaltwatertackle.com
                    See our new line of STRIPER TREATS Plastics in 7" , 9" and 12". A NEW WORLD OF FISHING PLASTICS!

Comment

Originally posted by CNKTACKLE View Post
                      We finished up the orders last night...I was playing around online watching a couple videos. Saw a pretty cool one with "Kayak Kevin". He was fishing the concrete ships....Sheds a whole new light on that type of fishing...actually bumping into and going thru the middle of them. Also watched a couple videos of guys fishing the BB pilings.....

What is the best way to mount the transducer. I saw one guy had an arm that swiveled, the transducer was mounted on the arm, he covered the wire with heat shrink tubing. The cool part was if he didnt want it hanging over the side, he simply loosened the nut and swung the arm up and it layed on the side of the kayak. I was thinking just mount the transducer inside the yak. I know the signal is not as good but was wondering how you guys do it.
                      I hang my transducer off the rudder. The wire runs inside the hull and out the back, sealed with a fitting and some RTV.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by CNKTACKLE View Post
                        I was thinking just mount the transducer inside the yak. I know the signal is not as good but was wondering how you guys do it.
                        I've got mine inside the hull and I think it works fine (i say "think" because i've not much experience to compare it to). I like the fact that it's out of the way and I don't have to think about it. The 2 ways I know to do it shoot-thru-hull are with slow-cure epoxy (what I did) and a liquid well of some sort (you create a well in the hull the size and shape of the transducer and put a liquid in there, usually water or goo of some sort around the transducer). The advantage of the well method is that the transducer is easily removable. I'm not sure if one way has more performance than the other.

This here details my installation: http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewt...7c4f487dab9f02
                        Mike S.
                        Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

If you get a chance go to our DRY DOCK section of this forum. There is at least an hour's worth of reading on how to install a Transducer. I started one a while back because I just got a new 385ci Hummingbird FF and GPS unit. Check it out and I think you may find the answers you are looking for. Hope it helps
                          Tom
                          Tom Brown
                          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Welcome to the yak fishing family
                            '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
                            '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
                            Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                              I hang my transducer off the rudder. The wire runs inside the hull and out the back, sealed with a fitting and some RTV.
                              You have any pics of your setup??
                              I saw on another forum that a guy mounted his transducer to the tip of the rudder on a hobie and have thought about doing that as well.
                              2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                              X