OT - Where do you find the best price on a Macbook Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Where do you find the best price on a Macbook Pro

Ok .......... looking for a new lap top sometime within a year .......... seriously thinking about an Apple this year because I'm tired of the virus crap ........ and Apple seems easier for video editing ......... the Macbook PRO is the powerhouse ........ thinking about the 2.4g 7 processor, 4g ram (I'll upgrade it myself to 8 g ...... $350 for them to do it is absurp when the chips are about $100) and a 750g harddrive which is probably WAY overkill ........

Where do you get the best prices and service etc?

.edu (education store) or corp/gov discount is pretty much it.

Apple closely manages their products and the only authorized service dealers are the stores and a few small shops that are apple approved. If you're getting a laptop, might as well just get a big external drive since you're not likely to be doing massive amounts of video editing on the road. You're right about upgrading the ram yourself, although on the new unibody pro's I am not sure how easy it is.

I have the first intel macbook from way back, still going strong!
    Used to fish more.

Comment

Microcenter

http://www.microcenter.com/

I got our MacBook at Microcenter two years ago right before Christmas. They were selling them a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the AppleStore, or else it was some sort of mail in rebate. I bought from the Microcenter in Rockville, MD.

I was in the same situation as you about 5 years ago. I was tired of viruses and cheap PC's that kept breaking. So I made the move to Apple and have been 100% satisfied. In 5 years, both our iMac and MacBook have performed flawlessly!

Good luck in whatever you do. Computer problems are no fun.

Comment

Working...
      X