No announcement yet.

Cya Next Year, Review 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first year in a kayak, too, thanks to Metroman back in February- got me into kayaking- but I have always looked at a boat as a means to fish- never to being a boat owner- I have used every method to fish- pier, surf, tube, kayak,offshore, inshore, boat, waders, spinning, fly, surf casting, rivers, ponds, lakes, ocean, bays- to me it is all about fishing.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Dang, that's a nice tog. Makes me want to fish now.

Ron,
      How far is a kayak trek to the Triangle Wrecks? Togs go to deeper waters during winter. I'd like to continue to fish for them if the areas are not far from shore.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

You would need a mother ship. By boat it is a two hour ride out of Rudee. You could fish the tower reef about six miles off the beach due east of Rudee but even that is really risky business this time of year. The Cape Henry wreck holds togs but the current really rips at tide changes. The best bet is the CBBT...or the rock pile off Grandview at Buckroe Beach.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

That's a hell of a first year. Better than my ~8 years combined. I'm looking forward to seeing what you catch next year.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
          X