Chesapeake Bay: Sunday December 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Bay: Sunday December 4th

I will finally be back on the water in the kayak this weekend. After catching 40 inchers on the boat, I wanna get a couple more kayak trips in before the end of the year. I'll be heading out this Sunday morning with Foursteps24 to fish the bay. We will probably launch out of either SPSP or the G dock on the east side. We haven't decided yet. I plan on doing some trolling, but I'll also have some jigging tackle should that be the ticket.

All are welcome...
    <insert witty comment here>

Figure to be a bit farther to the south, myself...don't do much driving north for some reason...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I haven't been hearing any striper catches around bridge. Hope I'm wrong. Good luck!

I'll be at CBBT.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Good luck down there Tufnik. I wanted to head that way (Kipto in particular) but being such a last minute jaunt, it's a bit outside of my driving range for Sunday.

Comment

I was at warrens bait box about 8 this morning there was a few guys in there going to spsp they said the big one are just starting to come thru. Its a little late this year do to the warm temps...
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Thanks for that report. I figured they will be this way soon enough, seeing as though we were catching 40 inchers just a short ways south out of deale a few weeks ago. Hopefully I will have some luck trolling the channel edges...

Comment

If you strike out on the big ones head out to the eastern rock pile under the bridge. I just got back after (boat) fishing there today. Not red hot but a pretty steady pick for the half dozen boats that hung around the area while the tide was running. Fish from 16-26 inches hitting stingsilvers (gold and green worked for me), and jigged soft plastics. Guys were also doing really well with minnows on high low rigs (no joke).

How's that for a spot burn? Didn't hear it from me.

PS- didn't see much happening around the pilings, doesn't mean they weren't there, though.
              Last edited by jsquare; 12-03-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I would join you guys but I will be Boat fishing at the CBBT with Tommytek on Sunday. I want to practice some jigging and catching a striper.

Comment

I want to experience a "forty plus incher" sleigh ride this December...the big girls are here- saw the pictures on Buzz Marina website the largest was caught December 2nd- 43 inches and fat...I am fishing Sunday-
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

grady balck and i were fishing from the point at spsp yesterday, hooked a 15 and 22" around 1000am gb took a nice pic. but must have dropped my phone as i was getting out of my coveralls and some one stole it this is all i have for pic. picked up a new cell and reloading numbers so shoot me a pm with your cells

saw a boat by the lighthouse jigging. most big fish will be in deep water so a diving plug or some added weight might be needed to get the big girls
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by surfdog; 12-04-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X