No announcement yet.

Perfect Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stability is the most important thing to me- I hate swimming in cold water- when I peel away all the layers of this onion- it is all about stability and speed- I was wavering back and forth between a Revo and the Outback- knew I wanted the Mirage Drive- wasn't going to go with the Pro Angler or the Adventurer- so in the end it was stability that was the deciding factor for me- I knew enough about kayak fishing to know what I didn't want from eight months of doing it- made a lot or minor neophyte kayaking errors, none serious, none that turtled me, but I came close a couple of times- had a big boat wake nearly throw me like a bucking bronco- the wave swept over the bow and hit me dead in the chest back in June at Cobb Island almost sweeping me off the yak- 27 foot power boat damn near hit my kayak with me yelling and waving my yellow paddles like a flag- after that incident I chose my locations based on boat traffic-yep, stability is the number one factor for me-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
      What bill said and raise the seat or add some extra capacity so I'm not sitting in water all day and I'd be set. Oh and bulletproof sides and a rod pod.
      Oooh, I forgot about the wet seat. That's a good point. I was trying to figure out how a rod pod would work with a Hobie. Maybe have a rod compartment in the side like where the trays are on the Outback?
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

The rod holders on the cuda would work, but a 4 inch wide semi long hatch would be nice. Either way, problem solved for now for me with the horizontal surf holder from Hobie.
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I guess my Outback would approach perfection if it was 20 pounds lighter and could cut the waves better. Having reverse would be good too.

I like the seat of that Cuda. Front space looks good too. Hmmm...wonder if there's a torqeedo kit for it.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
          X