Carport Yak Storage Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carport Yak Storage Rack

I've been trying to post this all night and for some reason my computer won't let me post. I know Its my computer and not the site. I finally managed to complete a project that I've been trying to do for over a year. Thanks to the input of surfdog for some of the idea and alot of the manpower (almost all of the manpower) goes to Nay_Sayer. Thanks doesn't seem to make it go as far as it should but Thank You John, Nay_Sayer. It could not have been done without you. We also managed to place a mount for my new 385ci exactly where I wanted it. However now that I have seen the new mount from Yak Attack. I may change it later... If I don't have the pics on here, I will find a way to put them up later.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

I guess I should have at least put down what the project was. Basically I took a bike rack/hoist from Harbor Freight for $12, installed it under my carport roof and now have my kayak hanging from my carport. It is positioned in such a manor so that all I need to do is back under the yak with my truck and lower it into to bed of the truck along with the extanda bar and away I go. I will try to put some pics in here with another computer tomorrow. Yall will just have to use your imagination...
    Again all the thanks goes to Nay_Sayer for all the hard work. Also some of the idea credit goes to Surfdog. Thank you everyone.
    Tom
    Tom Brown
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

glad you got it done the way you wanted it tom. last weekend for rock in the bay

Comment

Thanks Surfdog, Its too damn cold for me and besides I still have my left arm in a sling. I get the MRI on Monday and hopefully have the surgery before Christmas. I want to be on the water in the spring. Thanks for your part in the whole storage concept too. You had a part in it. Stop by and take a look at it if you like.
        Tom Brown
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

here are some pix of your yak rack:
          Attached Files

Comment

thanks Buddy, I appreciate it. I wish I knew why i can't upload a pic. Gotta be something on my computer
            Tom Brown
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
            X