No announcement yet.

Kayaker rescued close to Kipto...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumors are flying round and round. I'll add some more. Heard that the guy was out touting his own tale at the launch the day after the incident. Apparently he launched by himself, at night, in a kayak that he knew had a crack. Went after anyone who would give him half an ear. Milking his 15 mins I guess.

The follow-up story makes it sound like he wasn't very prepared for the cold water, other then the PFD. His pants were falling down as he tried to stay with the yak. He was either very unlucky or wasn't wearing the right gear. Glad the guy's OK, but it definitely doesn't help the rep of the rest of the cold water kayak anglers out there.

Comment

I guess that's pretty much what you said, Memory Maker.

Comment

Originally posted by jsquare View Post
        I guess that's pretty much what you said, Memory Maker.
        Yep ..... CBKAYAK also

Comment

Yep, not everyone who rides a motorcycle belongs to the Hell's Angels MCC....not every kayaker is a responsible citizen- not passing judgement because I don't know this person nor his circumstances...we had rough water kayak rescues earlier this year on the Potomac during the spring melt/run offs...lots of media coverage that wasn't flattering to the kayaking fraternity about risky behavior/thrill seeking- "Jackass", the movie mentality...

This, too, shall pass...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Yeah on the 15 mins. Not to mention all the rescuers he put in jeapardy trying to save his dumba*^. If he went out there knowing his vessel was damaged, I guess he earned his badge of stupidity. Again makes me wonder if he was under the influence even more so. Any peson in his right mind or otherwise knows the risks of going out alone in the cold water environment.
            Its what people in my line of work call JOB SECURITY!!! Thanks to people that take those chances, I'm not flipping burgers!! LOL

I'm done on this subject
            Tom Brown
            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I'm with you medic, I think he was probably half lit under the influence of something, knew that his yak was unsafe, and said the hell with it. Makes me really think that now that I hear he's runnin around the ramp blabing acting like he's a super human and thinks he's famous now for his own stupidity. People amaze me sometimes...
              12' Kingfish
              21' 1996 Sea-Pro 210WA "Perry's Pride"
              Blackfin Outlaw Anglers

Comment

Working...
              X