New Idea for Fishing Flea Market/ Kayak Fishing Swap meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Idea for Fishing Flea Market/ Kayak Fishing Swap meet

I know this is posted in two areas but wanted to get the most coverage. Sorry if its out of line. I'm gonna try one more time to make this swap meet thing happen. I can get my Volunteer Fire station hall free. We only need to pay a few $ for a table rental. I'm thinking one weekend day in Feb. The hall is in Pasadena, MD. I know that would be a haul for some members but for the most part its centrally located to all major hwys and there will be a kitchen AND A BAR!!!!. and its inside. I know that there would be alot of competition that time of the year for Fishing swap meets with MSSA. The fire hall is in lake shore on Mountain road off of rt 100. I'm thinking $10 for a table and I may be able to make it free if we get the Kitchen and that would be for free too. We would just need to buy food there to support the Fire dept. We may be able to turn the $ back into the club if we do it smartly. I would be willing to take on all advertising and if you've ever been to Early Heights MSSA meet and see what they do... we could potentially draw a crowd. Maybe charge a $1 or two at the door to cover the cost of the tables. I could talk to CD Dollar and a few other Kayak shops and tackle company's and get them to help us advertise and perhaps get Hobie or a few other tackle co's to come and set up their tables as well as promote it as a kayak fishing or just a fishing swap meet or flea market. The fire house already has a flea market once a month and can draw off of that. Being on the Pasadena peninsulla is a good market too, alot of fisherman there. Let me know what you think and if you could commit to getting a table. I want to make this happen!!!!
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

It's got a bar, I'm in! Maybe someone will have a paddle for sale

Comment

so would this take place in conjuction with the fleamarket from the fire station or would it just be for us?
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

IT WOULD BE JUST US. As well as any vendors like Easton kayak and those type of guys. Strickly a fishing thing. I'm looking at Saturday March 3rd. That is an open day for the hall. They would do it as a fund raiser for the station by charging $10 for a table rental and we could get a door entry fee, I'm thinking $1-$2 per person. Kids under 12 free. If we did it in conjuction with CBKA (and I'd have to talk to them about it), we could donate any funds raised to go to the tournament next year and make it a donation from MKF. Just a thought at this point. I'd like to get thoughts from everyone on the logistics. If we do the 3rd of March, the hall rental would be free!! They are also having a Pit Beef sale on the front apron of the firehouse. this may generate more foot traffic! I can tell you that it is the best pit Beef, Ham, or Turkey you will ever have. Of course we would have to pay for those. Yes there will be a cash bar and a cash kitchen. They generally have Pizza, hot dogs, burgers, coldcuts or tuna sandwiches... Whenever or If we ever have it at the firehouse, I get the hall rental free. I get 1 per year and am willing to use it for this flea market. As stated previously I would take care of Advertising in all the local papers as well as the Pennysaver and various fishing clubs to fill up the tables and get poeple in to sell stuff if that is the direction the club wants to take.
        I'm open to any and all ideas. I'm just offering to help make this flea market happen.
        Does anyone know when any of the MSSA flea markets are? I"m looking at their website and calendar but the calendar is down. No dates on it at all.
        Last edited by medicyaker; 12-14-2011, 06:21 PM.
        Tom Brown
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

I like the idea. I would come, not sure if I have anything worth selling, but Redfish12 and I could definitely have Backyard boats put up a booth I would think. If we could get a solid commitment, Luther from Yakattack may even be interested in coming.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me.
            Jim

Hobie Outback
            TKAA member
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Swap Meet/Flea Market FINAL

OK folks, I have reserved the hall for our FISHING Swap Meet and/or Flea Market. This will be on the 3rd of March. Tables will be supplied and will be $10 per table. I would like to charge $1-$2 at the door, (let me know what you all want to do with door fee). We could donate the funds from that to the CBKA Tournament benefactor or choose our own. I like the Wounded Worrior Project, an organizition close to my heart. (Again, this would have to be decided by the group). We could keep it and buy a bunch of tackle to be raffled or given away to an angler at the next months M&G... There will be a kitchen open and a pit beef, Ham and Turkey sale out front of the firehouse that day. I will be eating the pit beef!!! We can sell everything but firearms. I checked all of the local MSSA events as well as the Pasadena Sportfishing group and there is NOTHING happening on that date. We should draw a decent crowd and I will advertise it in all Local news outlets. I will also be able to get some flyers to the defferent venders that will be at all of the earlier swap meets, like the MSSA events and the big Earliegh Heights show on the 18th and 19th of February. I already have a commtment from Capt Chuck at BFG Tackle. Is there anyone that can get other stores or shops like ACK and Easton Kayak, Yak Attack and the like??? I have room for about 50 tables inside. We can take pre-payment for the indoor spaces and we may have room for a couple outdoor spaces for any Kayak Vendors that want to bring a few Yaks to display and sell. We will also be taking walk up vendors if there are any open spaces. If anyone has any questions or concerns, PLEASE contact me either here or on my cell. This could be a profitable event for those of us that have a lot of stuff that we have accumulated over the years and want to get rid of it and make some spare cash in the process.
              Thanks everyone,
              Tom
              (443) 306-7306
              Tom Brown
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

First, I want a table ....... got more stuff than 3 tackle shops and I have to get rid of a bunch.

Second, I think the proceeds should go to this website. Someone here has VERY GENEROUSLY made this site and has faithfully maintained it for our pleasure without asking for a dime. It has to cost for this service and I'm very surprised that some mechanism hasn't been established that we could give to the site to help with the costs. It could also be used for flags and decals for the Yaks and vehicles. I know that Fjarhead and others have spent a bunch of their own money for this. Could also be used for some cool large artwork decals to cover the front of our Yaks so we can always tell it's one of us out there.

We've gain a good rep and a great showing thanks to our colorful adddicts ....... this could be the funds to really show off and be the place to be .........

Don't want a formal club with elected crap and formal meetings ...... that would ruin what we have .......... seen it happen too many times ...........

Just want to keep being the place to be and the ones to be with ......... and find ways to fund it and make it better .........

anyway ........ I'm in for a table ........

Tom, can you hand out flyers in BP?

We can also post it on Tidalfish

Karabunga Dudes ........ Yak on !!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like everything is finally coming together and it sounds like its gonna be a good time.
                  '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
                  '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
                  Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

OK MM. You are down for a Table. Yes I can hand out flyers at BP. I'm ok with whatever the club wants to do with the proceeds but it has to be a majority thing. I don't know who manages the website... Any help with that would be nice. Does that person even want monitary help with it? I am all about promoting our club. I agree that having officers and treasurer and all of that would not be a good thing for what this club has. I encourage everyones input in this. I think when we do the event, We could take a poll and the one with the most votes wins. I like the ideas that MM has about reimbursing the webmaster and something for our yaks. But I have a problem with the members that don't support the event benefiting from the fundraiser. Its not gonna be alot of money but I still would like it to be fair for everyone envolved. Does anyone want to put this on any other sites? I'm only on here and SOL, but have only been on SOL for about a week. Please feel free to post on whatever forums you like, just post on here which one you did so we don't overdo it or miss anyone.
                    I would also like to see a donation table where all persons that want too, can donate an item to be sold on a seperate table and those proceeds can go to the club.
                    We don't have long to put this together so any and all help would be greatly appreciated
                    Tom
                    Last edited by medicyaker; 12-20-2011, 05:06 PM.
                    Tom Brown
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Final on the 1st annual MKF Swap Meet

Swap Meet/Flea Market FINAL

OK folks, I have reserved the hall for our FISHING Swap Meet and/or Flea Market. This will be on the 3rd of March. Tables will be supplied and will be $10 per table. I would like to charge $1-$2 at the door, (let me know what you all want to do with door fee). We could donate the funds from that to the CBKA Tournament benefactor or choose our own. I like the Wounded Worrior Project, an organizition close to my heart. (Again, this would have to be decided by the group). We could keep it and buy a bunch of tackle to be raffled or given away to an angler at the next months M&G... There will be a kitchen open and a pit beef, Ham and Turkey sale out front of the firehouse that day. I will be eating the pit beef!!! We can sell everything but firearms. I checked all of the local MSSA events as well as the Pasadena Sportfishing group and there is NOTHING happening on that date. We should draw a decent crowd and I will advertise it in all Local news outlets. I will also be able to get some flyers to the defferent venders that will be at all of the earlier swap meets, like the MSSA events and the big Earliegh Heights show on the 18th and 19th of February. I already have a commtment from Capt Chuck at BFG Tackle. Is there anyone that can get other stores or shops like ACK and Easton Kayak, Yak Attack and the like??? I have room for about 50 tables inside. We can take pre-payment for the indoor spaces and we may have room for a couple outdoor spaces for any Kayak Vendors that want to bring a few Yaks to display and sell. We will also be taking walk up vendors if there are any open spaces. If anyone has any questions or concerns, PLEASE contact me either here or on my cell. This could be a profitable event for those of us that have a lot of stuff that we have accumulated over the years and want to get rid of it and make some spare cash in the process.
                      Thanks everyone,
                      Tom
                      (443) 306-7306
                      Tom Brown
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

New Link for the Swap Meet.

Here is the new link for the swap meet/flea market:
                        http://snaggedline.com/showthread.php?t=2330
                        I hope I linked it correctly!!!!!
                        Tom Brown
                        2012 Hobie PA 14'
                        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
                        X