Anybody want to explain their alias?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to explain their alias?

Im Shadyfisher85 because I live on Shady oak lane and was born in '85. I couldnt come up with anything clever...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Alpha550- born and raised in alpha, Ohio. Entered my first powerlifting meet 10 years ago and bench pressed 550 lbs. Moved over to the Eastern Shore 4 years ago.

Comment

southerly wind is our native chesapeake sea breeze.

i lived with a 12 mo/yr WindSurfing obsession for about 15 years. the strong steady warm south winds of spring/summer and coherent swell accompanying it was my favorite and means good things to me.

Comment

I am unimaginative -- I used my first two initials and last name.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by alpha550 View Post
          Alpha550- Entered my first powerlifting meet 10 years ago and bench pressed 550 lbs.
          Thats one heck of a lift! my personal best is just 300 lbs less than that

My screen name was a nickname I picked up while in the army. No one could pronounce my last name ( Chmielewski ) so they shortened and simplified it a bit. good fishin

Chimo

Comment

I used to run a semi popular blog that I just recently shut down. "WTFmetro" aka iMetro. I blogged about the hilarious and often ridiculous things I would see and encounter on my daily commutes on the subway. My alias I used on my blog was Metroman. It has stuck ever since.
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Good post Shady.

I wanted to have a fish name, like Rockfish, catfish, bluefish, etc..
              The thought of a yakfish was somewhat humorous to me

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

I bought my first kayak, joined the forum, and not being able to think of a better alias, I used the initials from my kayak name.
                WS Tarpon 120 Mango

Comment

the first place i ever kayaked was the susky. its also my favorite place to kayak fish .

Comment

I have always called my son goofball or goof for short for the past few years his friends have called me daddyg...
                    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I did the same as wst120.

My first kayak was a heritage redfish 12 and I wasn't really planning on getting into the online thing. I was wrong...
                      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

"Ictalurus" is the genus name for blue and channel catfish, which I studied for my master's degree. They're really cool animals, and I've always been enamored with them even though I don't fish for them often. Anyway, when I joined tidalfish way back when, "blue cat", "bluecat bill", "catfish", and the other iterations were all taken. I figured nobody would be geeky enough to use "ictalurus", and I was right; however, it's not very handy for shouting out over the radio.
                        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Years ago my boss called me a Naysayer because I would point out the faults in the way he wanted to do things (I was usually right). It became my nickname at work and remained my handle for things like this and my email.

Comment

My name is <MIKE>

The less than and greater than symbols are for my kayak.

I never formally introduced myself to the forum. I started fishing from a kayak this past summer when my Dad gave me a kayak for my birthday. Since then my Dad bought one. We are both hooked to the sport. This forum is amazing and I have learned so much from all of you through your posts.
                            <MIKE>
                            Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
                            Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

"fry" is a small or immature fish
                              "Kevin" is Irish for "he who goes to sea in winter"

actually that's BULL...my name = Kevin Fry (no 'e')
                              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                              X