January Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Meet and Greet

I was talking to one of the managers at West Marine in Annapolis, who was open to the idea. I brought up meeting at the store, where we could do rigging. Once before someone suggested a meet at a store to rig kayaks. That way the more experienced folks could help out the less experienced. Also, most could get ideas from others. I realize this would have to be quickly organized. There is an area in the middle of the store where we could work on 4 or so kayaks at a time. Some of the other more rigged out kayaks could be set around for others to see. Just a thought, and maybe good to get together in January.

Is anyone interested. I didn't want to go about this unless quite a few are interested. There could also be some trading done on the side, which probably should not be the primary thrust of the meet, as West Marine does sell fishing and boating gear. Just thought this may present an opportunity to rig some kayaks and recruit some new people to the forum.

I am suggesting this as I did not see anything on the schedule for January.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...hlight=january

Here is the plan for January that has been brought up.

Comment

OOPS, forgot about that. I even said I was in for that. Never mind.

Comment

still a good idea, there are more than 1 weekend in January. or February, by then cabin fever will be strong

did you get the ss dogfish repaired?

Comment

I like Dogfish's idea ........ can always change ...... nothng's written in stone and I think we need a riggin meeting ....... I know I do ........

Would rather rig than just sit in a restaurant

Comment

The last date in January is now gone. When I told them the rigging thing would not work, they filled the date with a seminar. If anyone is interested, I can get other dates in February or March. Like Rick said, there are other dates or weekends. However, if we are to do this, I will need to know, in order to secure a date. It could be separate from the meet and greet weekend.

Comment

Yes ........ let's definitely do this .........

Comment

I'm open in February. Just pick a date and post it. I'm sure some folks will sign up. I'd be intereted in a Feb sat or sun with the exception of the 4th. I will be in Harrisburg for the outdoor show with my stepson.
                Tom Brown
                Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                X