No announcement yet.

MKF Swap Meet March 3, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah OBX its gonna be nice!!!! I'D PREFER THAT OUR MEMBERS STOP CANCELLING THEIR SPACE TO FREE UP ROOM FOR OTHER VENDORS. The one that has cancelled is understandable and I'm good with that. I've had a few phone calls and pm's and I want to keep our guys in it. While its an admirable gesture,it is not needed. I assure you all If I need to make more space, trust me I will find it somewhere!!! I'm looking at changing the floor format a little to give us a few more spaces if I need it. Please everyone, Please keep your spaces if you have them reserved. I understand emergencies happen and thats understandable. Thank you all for wanting to help by freeing up another space by way of cancelling yours, but again, its not needed. Thank You again for all your help.
    Last edited by medicyaker; 02-20-2012, 11:16 PM.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

More Indoor Spaces!!!!

OK, So I went to the Fire Hall today with the wifey to try a few different layouts for the Flea Market on the 3rd. Its always been that we lay out tables a certian way and thats how its done. So today I went outside the lines and tried something different with how the tables were set up for a flea market. I now have another 9 tables!! Go figure... So anyone that has bailed out and wants back it we're ready to sign you back up. I have 36 indoor spots sold and have room for another 9 as I said above. I picked up the raffle tix for the Custom Rod from the Pasadena Pawn and Gun who donated them too us at a cost to him of $100. Nice Guy. On a side note, I'm looking at doing a Gun Bash with him in a couple months to help raise some money for the new Maryland Chapter of HOW. So Back to the Flea Market. I also have a donation of a Rod and Reel Combo from Tochtermans for the raffle table and a few other items so far. I will be asking all vendors to donate an inexpensive item for the raffle table and will draw from it throughout the day. This is strickly voluntary and ALL RAFFLE PROCEEDS go to MKF and HOW. OK folks, we have 9 more spots to sell and lets sell them by talking it up on the web like SOL and others. Dennis from Backyard Boats is bringing some yaks on a trailer so if anyone is looking to get another Yak, that option is there. I will be at the Annapolis MSSA Show on Saturday as well as the TieFest show to hand out some more flyers. Thanks again to all who have helped make this a success.
      Tom Brown
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Would someone please go on Tidalfish and post the proper flyer on my post about the flea market tomorrow ........ I used the 1 on post 54 as instructed and it's still wrong and I can't get to the social or photosites from work to see what is right

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
          Would someone please go on Tidalfish and post the proper flyer on my post about the flea market tomorrow ........ I used the 1 on post 54 as instructed and it's still wrong and I can't get to the social or photosites from work to see what is right
          Yesterday afternoon I added a notice to the fishing shows sticky on the main Tidalfish page. I also put up a separate post on the SRRKC board. So far, it has had 91 views.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Rick -

I just found your new post of Tidalfish. I added an image of the flyer. The rainy weather tomorrow morning could help attendance.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for putting this together

Went in early and shopped for about an hour. I had to come home early because of the boys.

Today, I got...
                -1 pack of 10 6" BKDs in Alewive color. I think it was 6 bucks or something...the guy said something about the makers of BKD requiring sellers to all sell at the same price? My first pack of BKDs, I'm pretty excited to try them out.
                -1 pack of 5 plastic minnow jigs for a dollar. I was impressed with how realistic the faces were on the jigs...I'll try them out at the M&G next week.
                -2 flies for 4 dollars that some younger boys were tying and selling at their table. I just wanted to encourage them.
                -2 cookies for 2.75 for my wife and son. I can't shop for just myself! They really enjoyed them - Please thank your wife for me, John!
                -3 raffle tickets for 6 bucks. I haven't gotten a call yet, so I must not have won

I also met a few MKFers that I hadn't met in person yet. Fun morning
                Sun Fishin'

Comment

I also picked up some delicious cookies and a couple of those Alabama rigs to try on my favorite Potomac shoreline in May. Picked up my MKF sweatshirt and met a lot more of the regulars. Looked like a good turn out for a new event, congrats on a job well done.

Comment

Stopped by today for about an hour met a few of the guys around here and put down a deposit on the blue outback that BYB had on display. Can't wait to pick it up!

Comment

• Welcome to the dark side-
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

• Oh, it was you Backwater. I was talking to Dennis and he said someone bought the PA outside. Congrats! Nice pickup.
                        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

• Cool I'm glad Dennis was able to move some kayaks he really sets up some nice deals on demo's and leftover yaks.

Comment

• GREAT Job yesterday Tom!!
                            Many thanks for putting it all together..
                            GB

Comment

• OKayyy .......... WOW ........

BIG Congratulations to Tom for putting on a GREAT 1st Fishing Flea Market ........ That was alot of work and he did it !!!!!!!!!! It was a great success for a first flea market ........... had more traffic than I expected and I sold and bought more than I expected ....... even had to break out the check book ........ had about $90 in sales and spent over $300 in bargains .......... Got an H Bar, a knife set, Thule Stacker and a bunch of other stuff ....... sold all the cork, eyes, scotty mounts and rattletraps I brought as well as a bunch of jigheads and hot lips etc .........

I know I had a blast seeing all you guys and meeting some of the newer guys .......... I know Lou had a good time and liked meeting you guys .......

I think I over did it though ......... after being sick all week, I came home exhausted .......... gotta unpack today .......

Great seeing you guys ......... and Thanks to you Tom ......... Great Job !!!!!

Comment

• I want to thank all of you guys!!!!! With out the help and endorsement of this organization, WE would not have had a good day yesterday. I cant and wont take credit for yesterday. It was a group effort by everyone. I had a BLAST meeting everyone and puting faces to the names. I'm sending the check to HOW in the morning. I called Jim while I was on my way home yesterday and I don't think he believed we made as much as I told him as an estimate that we did. Thanks to Grilled Sardine all of the proceeds from yesterday will go directly to HOW. I have to get some paperwork to a few more people to finnish the leadership team and then we will have our MD HOW Chapter. Thanks again to EVERYONE who attended and made yesterday a huge success. As for the question about the Police yesterday. THere were some complaints from neighbors about parking. I will fix this issue prior to next years event. I'm looking at doing a shuttle bus from the school and from the shopping center as well as other things that need to be fixed.
                                Again, Thank You All for everything that you did to make it a great day!!!!
                                Tom
                                Tom Brown
                                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                                Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
                                X