Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie TV Show

HOBIE® OUTDOOR ADVENTURES TV SERIES DEBUT

We are excited to announce that a new series featuring the use of Hobie Cat® products called Hobie Outdoor Adventures will debut on Thursday, December 29th at 8:30am EST on the Versus Channel. The series will air once per week for 13 weeks, and each episode will feature a different adventure centered around a Hobie Cat product, from night fishing to the Transparentsea voyage on Hobie Mirage® Tandem Islands. At the conclusion of the 13 weeks of Hobie Outdoor Adventures, the same time slot will feature the IFA Redfish Tour Television Series, with a segment of each episode dedicated to the IFA Kayak Fishing Tournament sponsored by Hobie Cat. As of January 2, 2012, the Versus television network will become NBC Sports and Outdoors, so be sure to verify air times with that channel in mind come the new year. Please note that it is possible the January 5th episode may be pre-empted, so check your local listings.
    Hobie Outdoor Adventures is being produced by Careco TV in collaboration with our in-house Media Manager, Keeton Eoff. The first episode features our Fishing Product Manager, Morgan Promnitz, fishing for striper in the area near Salem, Massachusetts with Hobie National Fish Team Member, Marty Mood. Be sure to check it out!

Ryan @ Easton Cycle and Sport

sounds like good stuff for winter evenings - thanks for posting! hopefully, my dvr is straightened out by then.

Comment

Very Cool, Our sport is getting some national air time. Maybe this will be the first of many shows with kayak fishing as a topic. It can only be a win-win for us. Maybe some more retailers will step up and start selling the stuff we need and want.
      Tom Brown
      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Sweet! Very much looking forward to this!
        12' Kingfish
        21' 1996 Sea-Pro 210WA "Perry's Pride"
        Blackfin Outlaw Anglers

Comment

Dang ......... and I know a Movie Star ........ talked to Marty and Chad last night ........ they were fishing the Kipto ships and called me ...........

dang .......

Comment

Thanks Ryan. FYI I just looked and it looks like 12/29/2011 at 1130am.
            Don
            2012 Hobie Revo 13'
            2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

i'll have to set the set top box

Comment

Time change!!

Hobie Outdoor Adventures will be airing at 11:30am EST on Thursday, December 29th and not at 8:30am EST

Just got this from Hobie.

Comment

Ryan, I just looked and I'm showing the IFA Redfish Tour at 1130 on Versus. Is that it?
                  Also, have you seen the posting about the MKF Swap Meet/Flea Mkt? Its on March 3 in Pasadena. Tables are only $10 and proceeds are to benefit both The Wounded Worrior Project and to offset some of the cost of the MKF website. We're splitting the proceeds 50/50. We would love to have you come and set up a table! I am opening spaces up to the public after the 14th of Feb. I anticipate selling out of spaces very quickly. This will be a fishing only event and geared to Kayak Fishing. Let me know if you are interested and I will hold your space. I don't need money right away.
                  Thanks,
                  Tom
                  Last edited by medicyaker; 12-29-2011, 11:20 AM.
                  Tom Brown
                  Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                  2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

from Marty yesterday ......... good luck guys .....

"This is late notice, but I just found out there is a new show airing tomorrow 12/29 @ 1130 am EST on NBC Sports Network (formerly Versus Channel). The first one features me and Hobie Fishing Products Manager Morgan Promnitz kayak fishing for Stripers in and around Salem, MA. If you saw the "Americana Outdoors" episode this is a new show with new footage, so be sure to watch or set your DVR and let me know what you think!

Also, for you fisher people, after you watch the show, log in to KayakBassFishing.com tomorrow night. I'll post up a question over there tomorrow night that you'll only be able to answer if you've seen the show. Be the first person to answer correctly and win a 2012 KBF BassPass giving you the chance to win close to $100,000 in cash and prizes in the coming year!"

Comment

Cool. Set the DVR and am looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X