Introduction to the SRRKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction to the SRRKC

Many of the MKF members also read and post on Tidalfish.com. One of the miscellaneous groups that were formed through Tidalfish is the Severn River Rod and Keg Club (SRRKC). You can tell by the club name that we enjoy both fishing and beer, and not necessarily in that order. The SRRKC tries to be a low key group that enjoys fishing in the Severn River and elsewhere. Most of the members live in the general Annapolis/Severna Park region, but we do have members from farther away. We have several tournaments (open to all means of fishing, including kayak fishing). I particularly like the fall perch tournament and the winter pickerel tournament, which are open for several months each. Anglers submit photos of their catches next to a measuring device. The tournaments have very low entry fees, and are primarily for bragging rights. It is a good group of guys (and at least one gal). I have made some good friends and learned new local fishing spots and techniques through my participation in the SRRKC.

Membership in the SRRKC is open to any one. The membership fee/ritual is to buy a round of drinks for anyone who is in attendance at a meeting at the time you show up [Tip: show up very early, and buy drinks for just one or two others.]

The SRRKC meets at 7:00 on the first Wed of each month. We meet most often at the West End Grill at the intersection of West Street and Rt. 2 in Annapolis (across West St from the Double T diner). We do move the meetings to other locations occasionally. We have held meetings at tackle shops and in on-the-water raft ups in the summer.

I am taking over as president of the SRRKC on Wed. Jan 4. I welcome any MKF members to come to a meeting, whether you choose to buy a round and join or not. The outgoing president (Skip Zinck -- Sailfish 27) has a fondness for Hooters. Therefore we are having the January meeting at the Hooters in Laurel. After that we will bring the meetings back to a closer location.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

John

Been to 1 or 2 meetings several years a go when they met at a place on Rt 2 between Balto and Annap. Any possibility of having some meetings farther north than Annap ........ it's a little far for us Northern guys .......

But you're right ...... it is a hoot ...... ers

i"ll be there
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      John

Been to 1 or 2 meetings several years a go when they met at a place on Rt 2 between Balto and Annap. Any possibility of having some meetings farther north than Annap ........ it's a little far for us Northern guys .......

But you're right ...... it is a hoot ...... ers

i"ll be there
      MM - We typically meet at least once a year in Severna Park (Bill Bateman's Bistro or other nearby place) or Crownsville too. Given that the club name includes "Severn River", I am going to try to keep the meetings within the Severn watershed for the most part.

You are welcome whenever you can make it.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Well .......... guess you won't be getting many from Balto .....Annapolis is too far ...

Bateman's is where we went

Comment

congratulations John!

Comment

i second the conrats, John. Laurel is a little too far for me to go tonight but please post the location of the Feb. meeting. I'd love to attend and "pay my dues".

Ed
            Hobie PA 12

Comment

Was heading down but I'm out sick today .......... Have fun guys

....... and Congrats John

Comment

Working...
              X