Question for the EK Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the EK Crew

Where did everyone get their registration numbers from?

I got vinyl letters and numbers from lowes as more of a temporary solution and as expected they are not really holding up.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

West Marine or WalMart Marine section

Tell me your #'s ......... I might have what you need and can give them to you @ M&G

Comment

Do regular numbers stick? I tried stick on numbers, a few years back, and they would not stick. I was going to try one of those inflatable kits. They come in with the numbers already printed on a sheet or plaque and you glue the entire number on the boat. The plaque, possibly not the right word, is like vinyl. I ended up using a plastic plate type mounting and put it on the crate. I was also going to try a stencil. When I get a new PA, I am going to have to deal with that problem. Let me know what you come up with that works.

Comment

Dogfish,
        Like I said above, I bought the cheaper mailbox letters from Lowes as somewhat of a temporary fix. They stuck on my kayak fine, but kiptopeke scraped them up pretty good. I think under normal kayak fishing conditions (ie not grinding against concrete ships constantly), they would probably last for atleast a season or two.

MM,
        Are the letters that you have similar to the ones sold at Lowes?
        My number is MD 7083 CH, but I may actually have extras myself. I was just wondering if anyone went the custom route. I priced them on a couple of different sites and they run $20-$30 for a pair of numbers.

I actually found vinyl letters on amazon that I may try next:
        http://http://www.amazon.com/Permane...5906773&sr=8-2
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

MY suggestion... Cut out your # on cardboard, then spray paint on kayak. If you take your time and tape the stencil on well it should look pretty professional!!

Comment

Working...
          X