jigging rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jigging rod

I'm looking at a new rod... a bit heavier than anything else I have. I've heard good things about the trevela from Shimano. I'd probably get the Med or Med Hvy 6'6 2 piece. I'd only go with the two piece so i can carry it onto a plane when I go to florida and catch sharks with it off the piers. Thoughts? any experience with that rod?

I have a MH trevala S i use for tog (1 piece). The most weight ive put on it is 15oz and it handled it well. I wouldnt cast that much but for bottom fishing it wasnt bad.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
      I have a MH trevala S i use for tog (1 piece). The most weight ive put on it is 15oz and it handled it well. I wouldnt cast that much but for bottom fishing it wasnt bad.
      I have the same, they make a great rod.

Comment

I have a 6'3" ML Trevala S. Lighter weight than what you're looking for but I can vouch for the nice construction of the model.
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I don't use them, Trevala, but we have them at West Marine. I have looked them over and thought them to be a fine fishing rod. They seem perfect for jigging. The jigging model is very light weight with alot of power. It would also make a nice lightweight trolling rod for a kayak.
          Last edited by DOGFISH; 01-11-2012, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X