No announcement yet.

Jamaica Bay 2012 Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one that I want to give a serious attempt at doing. Like most people, It depends on the finances at that time. If I have a choice between jamaica Bay and TKAA, Its gonna be TKAA in VA. I'm definately doing CBKA. Regardless of finances.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Good for your Rick. CBKA will love to see you and others support the local event. TKAA is always fun. I have been going for 5 years now....

Comment

Registration is open!

http://www.captainkayak.com/tournaments.html
        Used to fish more.

Comment

registered. I might aswell sign up now for cbka too. Signed up for tkaa, jbay
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Can't wait!!!
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Registered!

Comment

Registered as well

Comment

All in!

Comment

Looks like we are going to have a big MKF crew! I'll be going up early to fish and I will block off some area for us to set up camp on the right in the grass as you come in.

Tubes, bucktails, shads, snag hooks, and big circle hooks is about all you need. I bring way too much stuff though!
                    Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                      Looks like we are going to have a big MKF crew! I'll be going up early to fish and I will block off some area for us to set up camp on the right in the grass as you come in.

Tubes, bucktails, shads, snag hooks, and big circle hooks is about all you need. I bring way too much stuff though!
                      You can bring too much stuff ??? Never heard of such a thing! What are snag hooks used for thuogh? Are you using trebles to snag bunker or something for bait?

Chimo

Comment

You got it, large treble hook and egg sinker or one of the weighted ones. There are usually a lot of bunker schooled up in mill basin or by the airport at night/early morning. Sometimes mill basin is full of them.
                        Used to fish more.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Mike!

Comment

Go with the egg sinker and just enough weight to get the job done. When you snag one, stop reeling immediately while still in the school of baitfish and you may hook up. Think about it. The stripers are working a school of bait and they're darting left and right, up and down and then... there's a wounded fish drifting away from the school. Lunch, anyone?

Use a 2' leader and the egg sinker will slide away from the bait. With those weighted trebles you have to bring the bait in and re-rig it. They tear up the bunker pretty good, too. Unhooking it and re-rigging messes 'em up even more.

Comment

Registered

Comment

Just registered. I have to go to a graduation party for a friend that graduated med school in Spring Lake, NJ on Sunday. Just in case I catch something big, does anyone know if you can submit photos on Saturday?

Comment

Working...
                                X