Where do you fish (Jan 14-15)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you fish (Jan 14-15)?

I am thinking Lake Anna Dike 3 (COLD SIDE) for Striper. It can change if Redfish12 (Michael) goes fishing tomorrow to a different place.
    I thought about Perryville, MD for YP first. Then, the rain we had last two days changed my mind.

joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
    I am thinking Lake Anna Dike 3 (COLD SIDE) for Striper. It can change if Redfish12 (Michael) goes fishing tomorrow to a different place.
    I thought about Perryville, MD for YP first. Then, the rain we had last two days changed my mind.

joe
    I would not recommend that any MKF anglers make long drives to Perryville at this time unless you just want to see the lay of the land. The yellow perch are mostly small and not available in large numbers. Several guys put up posts on Tidalfish today -- the big fish have not yet shown up.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I wish I could go! Lake Anna is probably your best bet judging by the wind and water color that I saw on my way to NYC. Good luck!
      Used to fish more.

Comment

36-39* with a 10-15mph wind might be too cold for my blood. My wife has some errands to do in Annapolis on Sunday morning, so I might ride up with her and hit the Severn if I'm feeling brave/tough/bored. However, I suspect the fish won't be doing much until the afternoon if at all.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Just looking at maps, Mill Creek, east of the Severn, looks like a nice place to explore nearby. Maybe a pickerel or two in there? Would like to do some recon if there's a chance.

I see ramps at the end of Hooper High Rd and Forest Beach Rd. Not sure if I can use them or not. I'll go check them out if the weather's not too bad.

I was going to go for YP up north, but J.A Veil has convinced me otherwise.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I read on TF that PLO is still giving up large 40"+ rockfish, but the guys were on boats, so maybe they're going out farther than we can (or should) in our yaks.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback

Comment

i put in at Mill creek a lot, when the winds blowing from the se blowing up into the severn at greenbury point. little ramp off greenbury rd past the navy sports complex but a military or DoD ID is needed for that ramp

Comment

Today turned out not to be too bad after all. I might give Spa Creek or Jonas Green a shot on Sunday morning, at least for a little bit. Probably 10am-12, or so, then grab lunch with the missus.
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

1/14-1/15? i'll have to check my calendar. but i think i'm all booked for vicarious computer fishing both days,

Comment

So, is anyone actually fishing tomorrow? I'm tempted to hit the severn in search of Stripers and pickerel, but I'm also thinking about trying another spot from land...
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

im going to the severn. if i get up early enough, ill see if i can find ictalurus on spa creek. otherwise, i'll launch at jonas green and either head south to carr creek or west to weems.
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X