Members needed 2/24 & 2/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members needed 2/24 & 2/25

Bass Pro at Arundel Mills has offered a table for Maryland Kayak Fishing during the Fishing Classic the weekend of February 25th & 26th which draws very large crowds. This will be an opportunity for MKF to get our name and message out. This is also the first of 3 weekends for the fishing classic. There will be other groups, fishing pros, and seminars durning the classic.

As briefly discussed at the M&G at Dave and Busters on Jan 14th we will need volunteers to man the table. We need persons available between 9 & 5 both days. If you only have a couple hours available that’s fine and we will schedule you for the time you can spare but would like to fill both days. We will hopefully have a kayak on display by our table. We are also trying to get a large banner made with the MKF emblem. You will be there to just explain the group and answer any questions people may have.

Hence, I would like anyone who has any time available to man the table to email me with your name, hours available and contact number. I would like to get this done ASAP. I would also like the person who spoke with me yesterday at Dave and Busters about the banner contact me also so we can make sure something can get made.

I will also make up some single sheet handouts about MKF to have on hand at the table. I will try to get this done soon and put it up on the site for review and improvements by members before the finial copy is made.

Hopefully this can work out to get more people involved in MKF.

I will keep you updated as to the schedule and fishing pros that will be there during this weekend at Bass Pro. Any comments, suggestions, or questions can be directed to me.

Thanks in advance.
    Harry
    Last edited by On the fly; 01-17-2012, 08:55 AM.

I'm in and I hope many of you help out. Thanks to Harry we have our foot in the door and this can only lead to good things in the future. This is a good way to get our name out there and maybe get some more members. BassPro was good to us last year with this and was a sponsor for the CBKA Tourny. They have also committed to sponsor this year's CBKA Tournament as well.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Harry,
      I should have my Feb. schedule within the week. I'll let you know which days I'm available.

Ed
      Hobie PA 12

Comment

i should be available on the 25th

Comment

Ok guys check you schedules I will not commit with Bass Pro if I do not see more interest by the end of the week. This will be a great opportunity for the group.

Comment

i can do the morning till 12 on Sat!
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Any amount of hours is good either on Saturday or sunday.

Comment

I should be available and would be willing to pull a four hour shift - just let me know what day and when you want me there-
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Harry, Please forgive me but I am out for saturday the 24th. I forgot I had a previous commitment with my stepson. I promised him I'd take him to TieFest again this year. He went last year and had a blast. I can get my yak there if you or Norbert want it and I can come by to pick it up after and bring back on Sunday. I WILL be there on Sunday with or without the club with my Yak just as I did last year. I already told Norbert that I'd have my yak there at least one day that weekend, and it looks like its gonna be on Sunday. Let me know if you need my Ascend Yak there for Saturday, I'd be glad to let you use it. Again, Sorry buddy,
                  Tom
                  Tom Brown
                  Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                  2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I can run the morning with GS, and maybe stay a little later.

Comment

Harry,
                      I'm off that weekend and can do a 3 hour shift Sat. morning 9-12 or 4hrs on Sunday afternoon. No hurry , just let me know which shift.

Ed
                      Hobie PA 12

Comment

Harry,
                        As it turns out, I'm available for any four hour shift on Saturday.

Ed
                        Hobie PA 12

Comment

Thanks to the members who responded and I will follow up with you in a couple days.

However, I still need a couple more persons to cover both days. Even if you can do a four hour shift that will be good. I want to make sure we have enough people even if somenthing happens and someone has to back out the last minute. 2 persons have already backed out but for good reasons. If no one else wants to participate then I will kill this event with Bass Pro by this Saturday morning.

I know when you signed up to the forum particapating in this kinda thing was not on the plate. So if it does not happen so be it. This was just a thought to increase our members and information sharing.

Harry

Comment

I'd love to but I'll be at the Rodmakers Expo

Comment

That is the other issue, a lot of other shows going on around the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X