No announcement yet.

Need to learn how to catch rockfish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas Green is actually on 450 off of rt 2. If you go south on rt 2 through Arnold, keep left at the rt 50 split like you're going toward the bay bridge. Then just after you keep left get off on the first ramp on the Right. It should say Naval Accademy and may have a state park sign for the WWII Memorial. Go to the bottom of the hill and you will see a bridge. That is the Severn River. Make a left at the light and an immiediate right into the park. But like anothe post had said you can't take a trailer there. But you can catch pretty much anything and everything at Jonas Green. I've had good luck at the place that Pinch mentioned but had alot of SMALL Stripers, Very Juvinile fish... Not even legal size of 18". I've heard of poeple doing well there though.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I'm in Elkridge...next to columbia.
      I caught a fair amount of keeper Stripers last year, and a ton of small ones. I like to fish Jonas Green, Bay bridge and Patapsco, but I go all over the place. Last year I caught my first Striper of the year in a tributary of the Gunpowder river in February. I'll proabably give this spot a try again this year in a few weeks. Let me know if you want to try any of these areas.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
        Read Shawn Kimbro's new book, "Chesapeake Light Tackle". That is a great primer on targeting Chesapeake Bay rockfish with light tackle gear. Although he fishes primarily from a boat, it all applies to the yak as well.

http://www.chesapeakelighttackle.com/
        +1... Good book!

I caught my first keeper last year in the Patapsco at Harbor Hospital (practically downtown Baltimore)
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
        X