Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulp Alive! Storage Solution

Hey guys,

I know we've mentioned the leaky Gulp Alive! containers in the past. Just wanted to share some info on a good solution for those who may not be familiar. The Liqua-Bait Locker Bottle by Plano works like a charm. Pictured below is the small one, which was able to hold the entire contents of the BIG tub of Gulp that I ordered from the overstock bait website. I had to pour off a few ounces of the juice, but it holds more than enough liquid to keep everything covered just fine. This costs just under $8 at Bass Pro Shops. The rubber gasket does a great job of keeping a tight seal.

I know some people have mentioned success in simply cutting slits in the center of seal on the original gulp packaging. Mine was already leaking in the bag it shipped in...and I hadn't even opened it.

They have bigger containers like this, but this small version works fine for the big tubs of gulp.
    Attached Files
    <insert witty comment here>

I was wondering about those. Thanks for confirming they actually work.

(strange that they cannot make the original containers tight. I've left BPS with gulp juice all over from leaky unopened tubs... yuk!)
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Yeah they do work great... Keep that little tong thing around too! It's really handy when you have more than one type of gulp in the same container...

Comment

thats what i use with all my gulp. they work great and dont leak.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Yep I have seen them at BPS and heard of other yakers using them with success.

Comment

Metro didnt they have a Buy One Get One sale on them last week????..... *STARE*

Comment

I got some of these at least 2 seasons ago and I love them. No longer does my car smell like "prison vage" (term coined by my old roommates, and they were chicks). I'm happy for that!

I think I got three of them for less than $10 bucks which I thought was expensive at the time for Tupperware, but definitely better than seeing if the pine trees can replace the gulp funk.

Used to fish more.

Comment

Looks like the container you show has a spot for a leash? I wish mine did!!! I usually throw it in the back or a cup holder and if I punch through a wave it has a tendency to try to float off. I'll have to check them out.
                Used to fish more.

Comment

Oh yeah, Snapware is good too! I used one for a waterproof battery box for my old fish finder

Comment

Originally posted by foursteps24 View Post
                    metro didnt they have a buy one get one sale on them last week????..... *stare*
                    lmao!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                      Metro didnt they have a Buy One Get One sale on them last week????..... *STARE*

Comment

I have one of the liquibait things, will use in the spring, haven't yet.

Comment

Been using them for 3 years ....... they're great and don't leak ......... have about 4 I think for different gulp baits

Comment

Will do that. Thanks for the tip!
                            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                            X