Lower Eastern Shore/CBBT area suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Eastern Shore/CBBT area suggestions

I am tentatively scheduled to fish the CBBT from a guide's boat on Tues Jan 31. I will spend Mon night in Lynhaven. I am considering taking my kayak with me, leaving Annapolis on Mon morning, and fishing somewhere from Kiptopeke to the CBBT to Lynhaven during Mon afternoon. I fished the Kiptopeke ships once and Lynhaven inlet once, but both times were in the summer. Other than that, I don't know the area well, and have never fished any other locations in that vicinity in a kayak.

I welcome any suggestions. I am unlikely to want to paddle long distances out to open water in the winter time. I would prefer to be with 1-1.5 mile radius of a launch point. Thanks in advance.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Pocomoke!

Comment

How about here?

http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...0-They-re-Back
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Elizabeth River launch @ top rack marina?
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
          Elizabeth River launch @ top rack marina?
          Yep- Elizabeth River Hot Ditch discharge from the VEPCO power plant is a great place to catch all sorts of fish not normally caught this time of year- it is a popular winter "hot spot." The water is warmed cooling the massive steam generators and is discharged into a slough that runs parallel to the main channel of the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake near Military Highway and is part of the Inter-Coastal Waterway.

There are some big schools of Striped Bass in the Ocean off Virginia Beach, but they are scattered and not reliably found in any one place- they usually are found chasing the schools of Menhaden, so a power boat is needed to cover a large area of water to find them.
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion of the hot ditch. I have heard of that before. I will spend some time this evening (after bagging some more Severn pickerel this afternoon) researching the location and types of lures and gear to pack.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

hot ditch launch at the yacht club is closed. Top rack is $5 to launch from their dock. Real nice people. MirroLures, gulps on light jigheads.
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
              X