What's your Favorite Lure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
    Jighead with 4" Gulp swimming mullet or similar. Preferred color is chartreuse.
    This ^

Always Catches

Comment

I gotta go old school. For Stripers, I LOVE the top water Super Spook in Red and White. Aint nothin better. For the White Perch, I use nothing but the #134 Rooster Tail available ONLY at Anglers and fish it on an Ultra Light with 4oz line. works every time. for the Large Mouth Bass I prefer 4"-6" pumpkin Yamamoto fished either Texas or Carolina and occasionally will do drop shot. You can't beet a yamamoto. I'm not sure if its my method or what but I can't fish a diving bait to save my life. Thats why I like the bay.
      Tom Brown
      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

For Potomac Bass, Strike King 1.5 shallow diving crank bait in sexy shad color. I keep it in the box until the bite stops on everything else, then I tie it on and it's like the pied piper calling rats. I've also caught blue cats and yellow perch on it.

For perch, Roostertail spinnerbait. I think the color is crazy clown or something similar. Also the tried and true bottom rig. I use Gulp! 2" Bloody sandworms on that.

For Stripers, Spankin Stripers bucktail red head with chartreuse tail and a Gulp! Swimming mullet or cut bait. BKDs and Rapala X-walk in Glass Ghost are a close second.

Comment

Stripers - white bucktail tipped with pork rind (old school) nowadays with Gulp, Zara super spook (chartreuse/white), Redfins/Bombers and swim shads
          LM Bass - Berkley power worm, any dark color (black or purple my favs)
          SM bass - Tube lure also in dark colors (brown or pumpkinseed my favs)
          Perch - small twister tails (white or chartreuse)
          Flounder - white bucktail tipped with Gulp

Comment

Hey some of you guys who fly fish what about you? Here are my 2 favs one for trout (Adams irresistible), the other an good all-around big fish fly(green butt skunk)...though I used them most for Steelies

14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I used gulp! but then I noticed I caught more trout and flounder when i switched to other artificals.
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                Tasmanian Devil
                Rick -

I didn't think anyone else around here had heard of these. When on vacation in New Zealand last summer, I bought a few different styles of these lures. They are colorful hard plastic around a lead core with a hole through the middle. They can be rigged with a hook, or the line can be threaded through the middle allowing them to slide on the line.

I may bring a few to the MKF flea market next month.
                Attached Files
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

John ........ how many do you want to part with and how much ....... I got 1st dibs ......

Comment

John ........ how many do you want to part with and how much ....... I got 1st dibs ......
                    I'll think about it. I do want to keep a few as memories of that day. I bought them in the town of Taupo on the north shore of Lake Taupo and Turangi on the south shore of the lake on the north island of NZ. The lake has a world class rainbow trout fishery, and the region is very proud of the fish. Because of limited time and a cold rainy day, I did not fish, but visited two tackle shops and a trout rearing center (see photo of fish through the underwater viewing window).
                    Attached Files
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis
                    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Storm Wildeye Shad 5" in sexy Blue Shad... so sad it's discontinued. But I have a stash!!!

Comment

You can buy them online in the us at midwesthuntersoutlet.com or pcsoutdoors.com if John wants to keep his.

Comment

Hey John ......... just bought 21 Tasmanian Devils off ebay ........ thanks anyway guy ........ hope they work as good here as they did in Colorado .......

Comment

Working...
                          X