Wayson's corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayson's corner

Can anyone give me the rundown on the Wayson's Corner kayak launch site? I've seen it mentioned here and found it on google maps, just wondering what its like. Thanks.

Ed
    Hobie PA 12

I haven't launched there yet, but I used to always fish there from the lil pier. From what I recall, there is a wooden dock type set up for you to launch from. This area is connected to the river by a lil channel. I've seen it look muddy at low tide, but nay_sayer has launched there at low tide without any issues. The pier is right next to the entry/exit point for the launch, so I'd be mindful of pier-bound anglers when operating there. It's free, with free, plentiful parking as well.

This used to be my go-to spot when I was learning how to fish. I began to prefer Jug Bay over Wayson's for local pier fishing though.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Stopped by after scoring good deals at the Deale flea market. ran into JA veil, and enjoyed some of his wife's delicious chocolate chip cookies. Also ran into nay_sayer working a table.

This was low tide...perfectly doable at low tide with the paddle!

Comment

Nice pics, Metro. I wonder how low the tide was today, because I've launched there during low tide, and the yak barely floated without me in it. I wondered if they dug it out some. Didn't they repair the pier earlier this year after it was damaged by a car?
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Thanks for the pics! I'll have to put in there some time and check it out. I had too much to do at home today so I couldn't make it down to the tristate thing. I'm sorry I missed Mrs. Veils cookies.
          Hobie PA 12

Comment

Bill,

We looked as far as we could toward the center of the lil canal. Looked to be about a foot or two deep. They did repair the pier as well. One of the locals took it upon himself to add a couple of rulers screwed to the railing, as well as a thermometer. Nice lil touch. Hope it stays nice and clean

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
              Bill,
              One of the locals took it upon himself to add a couple of rulers screwed to the railing, as well as a thermometer. Nice lil touch. Hope it stays nice and clean
              Very cool. I'll have to check it out when the perch run hits high gear.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

The pics from Metroman show a slightly high low tide. Sometimes it is a bit lower. There is a creek (for lack of a better word) that runs through the center of the canal and is about a foot wide and a foot deep so the center is 2 to 3 feet deep on average. There has only been one time I had to wade through the mud to launch there and that was a super low tide. Once you get in the center you are fine when paddling. I don't know how deep the fins go on the hobies but you might want to wait until you are in the river before you put them in.

The river is 14 to 16 feet deep in the center in most of the area around the bridge.

I know I posted on here a few days ago that it was only about a mile and a half from Waysons to Jug Bay. I would like to correct that. I paddled it on Wednesday for the fist time in a couple of years and it was a lot further than I remembered. I measured it on Google Earth that evening and it was closer to 4 miles. Still a nice paddle/peddle but not the quick jaunt I had remembered.

Comment

Working...
                X