Tri State Fishing Flea Market, Sat 2/4/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri State Fishing Flea Market, Sat 2/4/12

I went yesterday, and chatted with Surfdog, MemoryMaker, Moc, Naysayer and AJ Veil.

Lots of good stuff there. Picked up bkds, jigheads, line and a fishing book ("Chesapeake Light Tackle," by Shawn Kimbro).

MemoryMaker gave me some Berkley Ironsilk line, 12#. The label says it's an abrasion resistant reinforced polymer fishing line. Anyone use this type of line? What's it like compared to mono and braid? Thinking about putting it on my Revo SX HS b/c.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

i tried it years ago and didnt like it but thats me, try it and see if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      i tried it years ago and didnt like it but thats me, try it and see if you like it.
      Then why did you take a spool when I gave it to ya ........ I gave each MKF'r at least 1 spool .......
      Last edited by Memory Maker; 02-07-2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I was talking to a guy at the store yesterday who had been to Tri-State, and he said it was nice. He also told me that him and a friend had been catching alot of rockfish at the bridge, deep water.

Comment

i didnt want to be rude. if tufnick or anyone else likes it i'll pay it forward

Comment

Me, myt, and foursteps were there in the morning. Must have missed u guys
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I've got that line on the Live Liner and I love it. Best line I've ever used other than the Braid line that comes in the green package. ( I can't remember the name of it. Thanks also to Nay Sayer for promoting the Swap Meet. We got 3 more tables sold all from his talking it up. There will be an update posted shortly on the MKF Swap Meet link on the Main Forum. We are more than half full with several outdoor vendors.
              Tom Brown
              Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13
              2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Went to the Tri State Flea Market to work the Wish A Fish booth but it was cancelled at the last minute. THat's ok because I got to see alot of friends ........ enough MKF'rs to make a M&G (maybe we should wear our colors to these events can't wait for the sweatshirts), Shawn Kimbro, Steve Fogel, Lenny Rudow etc ........

Didn't need anything but came away with deals I couldn't refuse ........ underwater lights that go for over $100 for $25, a box of 30 small bucktails new in packaging and 3 dodgers for $5, plano box literally full of worm weights, glass beads, rattles, swivels $5, box of large crankbaits and large rattletraps (25 - 30) $20, battery charger $10, MD fishing lic. etc etc etc ............

Steve Fogle gave me a bunch of 12 lb line nib that I gave to our MKFr's

Was going for a beer w/MOC until I saw the time ......... as they say time flies when you're having fun ........ great day .........

Oh ...... and 3 guys told me that the bigguns are still in Mid bay ......... apparently it's not been advertised much ........
                Last edited by Memory Maker; 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

It was a good flea market for me. I ended getting a real, small platics for perch, an autographed book from Kimbro, and a 10 gallon tub of JO#2 for cooking crabs when the Crab Whisperer starts to make his production run....

So I missed some of you guys, I did not know so many of us was going to be there...I should have known better.

Comment

I enjoyed the flea market too. My wife sold chocolate chip cookies on half of our table, and I sold some odds and ends of tackle on the other half. She did not come close to selling out, so I am ODing on cookies this week.

I got to meet quite a few of the MKF guys plus plenty of other anglers I know through Tidalfish and the SRRKC. I reinvested part of my table earnings on two trays of large lead jigheads I bought at a great price and a machete for clearing brush in my yard. I also ordered a custom jigging rod from Steve Fogle, whose side business (Backyard Custom Rods) makes really nice rods. The new MH jigging wand should be ready in a week or two.
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis
                    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Yeah John ........ you married a GREAT cook ...... great cookies ...... good seeing you there

Comment

Yes I agree, Johns wife makes AWESOME Chocolate Chip cookies. If any of you missed them or want more, they will be available at our MKF Swap Meet on the 3rd of March.
                        Does anyone know how to get in touch with Steve Fogle from Backyard Custom Rods and or Shawn Kimbro??? I want to extend an offer for them to come and setup at our Swap Meet. Thanks to Memory Maker for picking up an autograghed copy of Shawn's book for me at the CCA Meeting a week or so ago. I'm halfway through it already. I highly recommend it. I think it reads more like a memoir than anything else and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. That is NOT A REVIEW, just my personal opinion. nonetheless, I like the book!!!! Brings back a lot of great memories of fishing with my uncle adn grandfather on his 28ft Owens when I was a young kid. I miss those days...
                        Tom Brown
                        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                        2012 Hobie PA 14'
                        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                          Does anyone know how to get in touch with Steve Fogle from Backyard Custom Rods and or Shawn Kimbro??? I want to extend an offer for them to come and setup at our Swap Meet.
                          I know both of them. I just ordered a new jigging rod from Steve last Sunday. I have bought several copies of Shawn's book -- one for me and others for out-of-town fishing buddies.

Steve Fogle - Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs, Call 301-898-1136 or Cell 240-486-0007 email bcrodsandrepairs@aol.com

Shawn Kimbro - Shawn@mountainsoul.net.

I did share copies of the MKF swap meet flier with many persons who stopped by my TriState show booth. Hopefully that will increase the traffic.
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis
                          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                          X