Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Tomorrow 2/8

Anyone want to fish?

I'm thinking either waysons corner for perch or pickeral at jonas green???

Or any other Ideas not too far from annapolis?

You're killing me!!! Wish I could take off. Good luck and tight lines!

Comment

Matt -

Depending on the weather, I would be up for some fishing. Let's check things in the morning and make a plan.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        Matt -

Depending on the weather, I would be up for some fishing. Let's check things in the morning and make a plan.
        Matt -

After reading the Capital newspaper and listening to Channel 2 weather, I think I will skip kayaking tomorrow. The weather forecast for Thurs and Fri looks considerably better. Let me know if you want to try something on one of those days.
        John Veil
        Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I'd be able to fish tomorrow but as John posted, the wx looks bad. I'm on call Friday but if I don't have to go into work, I'd be up for some fishing.
          Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
            I'd be able to fish tomorrow but as John posted, the wx looks bad. I'm on call Friday but if I don't have to go into work, I'd be up for some fishing.
            I'm seeing showers in the afternoon, so I'm gonna give it a go around 9:30 at waysons corner for yellow perch. no fish finder on the yak right now so we'll see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
              I'm seeing showers in the afternoon, so I'm gonna give it a go around 9:30 at waysons corner for yellow perch. no fish finder on the yak right now so we'll see how that goes.
              They have been hitting a bunch of YP off the piers of the bridge furthest from the launch canal. The one closest to the fishing pier and launch canal has solid piers but the other bridge has pier pilings below the water line so the YP congrgate there. There is also the deep hole in front of the mouth of the Western Branch south of the launch right before Jug Bay proper. That hole has been holding some good sized YP from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
                They have been hitting a bunch of YP off the piers of the bridge furthest from the launch canal. The one closest to the fishing pier and launch canal has solid piers but the other bridge has pier pilings below the water line so the YP congrgate there. There is also the deep hole in front of the mouth of the Western Branch south of the launch right before Jug Bay proper. That hole has been holding some good sized YP from what I hear.
                Thanks for the advice!! so your gonna come tomorrow now right? lol

Comment

Slow day at waysons, good amount of bites, but lots of small fish!! Good amount of snags as well. Was using minnows. 3 keepers a little over 10 inches
                  Attached Files

Comment

Way to go Matt. I wade fished for 30 minutes this morning at a spot near Round Bay that had not produced a pickerel the past two years. I was able to catch one small hammer handle there. Pickerel seem to be all over the Severn tribs this year.

My hands got cold pretty fast. I'm not sure how you managed to stay out longer than 30 minutes.
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis

Comment

Slow day at waysons, good amount of bites, but lots of small fish!! Good amount of snags as well. Was using minnows. 3 keepers a little over 10 inches
                      Glad you got some. The two larger ones look like maybe female, but don't look anywhere near ready to spawn. Did any of the throwbacks look ripe?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
                        Glad you got some. The two larger ones look like maybe female, but don't look anywhere near ready to spawn. Did any of the throwbacks look ripe?
                        How do you tell Male from Female? One of the keepers 1 was full of eggs, I probably won't keep them again unless they are much bigger, just wanted to try them out for the 1st time.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!! so your gonna come tomorrow now right? lol
                          I wish I could've gone with you, today sucked at work and I could've used a day on the water. I'll catch ya on the next one.

Nice fish!

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
                            I wish I could've gone with you, today sucked at work and I could've used a day on the water. I'll catch ya on the next one.

Nice fish!
                            Might try again Friday-Sunday at some point.

Comment

Hey Matt its Tyler from back home. Ill be in the area this weekend, I'm down to hit waysons sometime on Saturday or Sunday.
                              -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
                              -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Working...
                              X