X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poaching

It never seems to end.

http://edgewater.patch.com/articles/...-poaching-bust

Boy, doesn't that just irk you I'm going to put that hotline number in my cell phone.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Wasn't that last year's news? They did a section on the hidden nets that had tons of rockfish- and the locals never turned in the commercial watermen- someone knew who they were but didn't turn them in-

The real deal here is to declare Striped Bass as a sport fish and off limits to commercial harvest-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Yeah, that article is from 2011.
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Gill nets suck.. I have kayaked a bunch around tilghman islands and you get anywhere near the gill nets the stench of dead fish and animals is overwhelming... Some of the nets out there had decaying fish stuck throughout them and thousands of fish trapped in a fold in the net.. Everything from rays, rockfish, blues.. The only good thing i saw was the thousands of crabs clinging to the tops of the nets eating the dead and decaying fish.. If i had a dip net on me i would of capitalized on the 6-7 inch jimmys cleaning up the wanton waste.

Meadeo
          2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

I hooked an illegal gill net at HRBT last year. Little asisan guy in a dingy pulled it up and un hooked me. Didnt have a phone on me and he left shortly after.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
              I hooked an illegal gill net at HRBT last year. Little asisan guy in a dingy pulled it up and un hooked me. Didnt have a phone on me and he left shortly after.
              I've seen pics of that guy floating around online. He operates at night without lights sometimes...if its the same guy
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

yes, I met him first person. I could feel the fish stuck in the net on my rod.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Sorry, I missed the date. I was so pissed, I went right past the date.

Comment

Working...
                  X