Who's fishing tomorrow 2/18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's fishing tomorrow 2/18?

I have several thoughts on where to fish tomorrow, but I cant make up my mind...
    Here is where I'm thinking about going:
    Beechwood - Yellow Perch and Pickerel
    Greys Run - Yellow Perch
    Jonas Green - Pickerel

Anyone else fishing tomorrow and thinking about these spots?
    Anyone have any news on Yellow perch at beechwood?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Weather is looking good tomorrow. Good luck! I already have plans for other things, including going to the Pasadena Fishing Flea Market.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

See ya there ....... working the booth for Wish a fish

Comment

Some of us are fishing Mattawoman Creek- I cut up five bunkers this afternoon and put it in small zip lock bags for distribution- blue cats beware-

I am looking for some minnows, but not sure I can get any down here before March 1st- figure the bigger yellow perch are in their spawn areas now- slip corks with live minnows should be the ticket-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I would like to fish with you guys in mattawoman tommorrow, but I need to fish closer to home because my time is a bit limited.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

No Problem Ryan- lots of trips coming up this year- we will all get together- we will take lots of pictures-

Comment

Ron, I'm thinking I'll hit up the Occoquan so I can stay closer to home as well. I'll be back over there when the Snakeheads come back out.
              Used to fish more.

Comment

Ryan--I didn't see this until this morning, but a few us are launching from Jonas Green at 10am if you want to join us.
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                  Ron, I'm thinking I'll hit up the Occoquan so I can stay closer to home as well. I'll be back over there when the Snakeheads come back out.
                  We will let you know about yperch in the upper Mattawoman Creek areas- blue cats are a given- can't keep from catching one if you are fishing...might just target a really big one, though...haven't gotten a catfish over thirty pounds out of a kayak yet. Main thing is just getting out and seeing everyone again. Using minnows might just get one of these winter time snakes to bite...we shall see...

Comment

Wish I could make it out today, but I'm working and going flying after that. Looks like I'll be hitting the water on Monday though!
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I went to Beechwood and caught nothing. The people fishing from shore were not catching anything either but said the yp were stacked up there a couple weeks ago. Go figure the fish leave when I decide to go.

I did however clear the path that I use to cart my kayak down to the water. Two trees that were about 4 inches in diameter had fallen across the path and I brought a handsaw and got them out of the way.

I guess I'll try it again in a couple weeks.
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Ryan, I fished there from the beach on Monday. There were a few guys there but I only saw one fish caught and it was small. I was going for pickerel and had one on for a while but it threw the hook before I could get it ashore.
                        Hobie PA 12

Comment

Working...
                        X