Video Camera Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Camera Options

I see many of you have a video camera mounted to your Yak. What brand do you recommend? Do you record yourself the whole time? What size memory card do you use or would recommend? I would think editing the video would be very tedious if you were to record your whole trip. Anything else you want to add feel free. Thanks

Originally posted by Metalli445 View Post
    I see many of you have a video camera mounted to your Yak. What brand do you recommend? Do you record yourself the whole time? What size memory card do you use or would recommend? I would think editing the video would be very tedious if you were to record your whole trip. Anything else you want to add feel free. Thanks
    I bought an HD Hero- and 32GB card- use a sunfish camera mount by YakAttack secured on a mighty mount- it comes standard with a fish eye wide angle lens setup in a water proof housing.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
      I bought an HD Hero- and 32GB card- use a sunfish camera mount by YakAttack secured on a mighty mount- it comes standard with a fish eye wide angle lens setup in a water proof housing.
      +1 gopro and same set up

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
        +1 gopro and same set up
        +2
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Vio Pov ....... more expensive though ....... having a sale now www.vio-pov.com

Comment

Do you guys use a special program to edit your videos? Do you use a waterproof case on the gopro?

Comment

My Hero came standard with its own waterproof case- i bought a tripod adapter to mount it on the sunfish mount- otherwise it is stock from the factory-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Kodak Playsport and iMovie on my Mac.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

+3 on the GoPro. The battery is good for about 2 hours of recording. I may invest in an extra battery in the future. I made a pvc mount that goes into one of the flush-mount rod holders on my yak.
                  For ease of editing, if I remember, I'll stop the video each time I catch a fish. When I upload the video to my Mac, I can just look for the breaks in the sequence and find the good stuff.
                  Hobie PA 12

Comment

Go Pro and Drift 1080 (w/ remote)
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I use a ContourGPS with 32gb class 10 memory card. Get the biggest memory card you can for whichever camera you decide to get.

For editing, I use Sony Vegas.
                      Last edited by MetroMan; 02-18-2012, 07:50 AM.
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                      X