Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just signed up and trying to figure out how it works. A few scattered YP at Allens Fresh (at the cedars) last week. Stopped by Wc on the Potomac and did not see anybody having much luck. Thinking about trying Nanjamoy creek If I am not snowed out. Any advice?

From what I've read here, the Occocquan seems to hold some good crappie and yellow perch. Might want to give that a try. I haven't personally been on the Potomac yet this year, but am sure the Crappie are biting in there usual haunts.
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

And I forgot. Welcome to the Addiction know as kayak fishing!!! Enjoy. Tons of very helpful people here with the same addiction!!!
      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Welcome to the club!
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Thanks

Hope to have more positive reports next time. The yellow perch seem almost here and then we get a cold rain event.(like whats coming on sunday)

Comment

Welcome to the Yak House Crack House !!!!!!!!!

Comment

The creek should hold some nice fish- we fished Mattawoman creek yesterday, just north of your fishing location- also don't overlook the Port Tobacco River and Mallow Bay- both should have some yellow perch and crappie mixed in with bass and catfish-

And welcome to the fishing-est forum on the NET
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by master pungo View Post
                  Just signed up and trying to figure out how it works. A few scattered YP at Allens Fresh (at the cedars) last week. Stopped by Wc on the Potomac and did not see anybody having much luck. Thinking about trying Nanjamoy creek If I am not snowed out. Any advice?
                  Welcome Master Pungo! Are you the guy I was talking with at Waysons Corner yesterday?

Comment

Welcome!
                    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Welcome!
                      Ascend A10

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I live in St. Mary's and will probably see you at Allen's Fresh. What color is your yak?

As far as advice for the Nanjemoy, there are a couple deeper holes in the first few riverbends to the right (upstream) of the launch at Friendship Landing. That's my bet for finding them; however, there are lots of fallen trees in shallower water to try as well. The fall trees also hold bass, and firetiger crankbaits and black and blue jigs are supposed to be productive according to some local I talked with last time I was there.
                        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Yes nay sayer I talked to you at waysons corner. Ended up just fishing from the bank of allens pond-mixed bag 5 trout,blue gills,one crappie,several small bass. I paddle a sand pungo when I am at allens fresh.

Comment

Yes nay sayer I talked to you at waysons corner. Ended up just fishing from the bank of allens pond-mixed bag 5 trout,blue gills,one crappie,several small bass. I paddle a sand pungo when I am at allens fresh.

Comment

dropped by allenns fresh today and heard about some guy in a kayak catching fish by the cedars!! Guess you are famous since that was the only fish that guy had heard of. I did not bring my yak due to the wind and short time I had to fish. We'll probably hook-up at one local or another.
                              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                              X