Otter Creek launch areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otter Creek launch areas?

I just got a Kayak for fishing this season. I have read allot on here and other places about fishing Otter Creek, which just happens to be a short drive from where I live.

Where do you guys put in from? I did drive around the area around Otter Point RD and the marina looking for a spot and didn't find much. Are Kayaks allow to put in at the Marina and is there a charge? I saw from a map that there is a dock at the Estuary that was closed but its only open on weekends, and since I have an off work schedule I plan on fishing on weekday mornings.

Any advice or a decent place to put in there, or general tips for the area would be appreciated.
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

What area is otter creek?

Comment

I've never fished Otter Creek or Bush River, but I happened to be driving up rt 40 on my way to the flats this weekend and saw a pull off spot right on rt 40...well, a little more than just a pull off. There were several parking spots and Otter Creek was right there. If you could find enough of a clearing, you could drop your kayak right in there. Check out google maps for the spot I'm talking about. As far as the marina, I'm not sure if it's a public launch.

What kind of fishing do you do in Otter Creek

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Otter Creek/point is near Edge Wood off of Rt-40. Yes I seen a few of those pull offs on my way to work on Rt-40. Yes there is a public launch ramp there I haven't tried it yet I am just doing some scouting for now since this will be my first season fishing in this area. If there are any other spots to launch from def let me know.

I plan on fishing for Large Mouth Bass there. Is the flats up by the Susquehanna river?
        Mike

Comment

Yeah, the flats are where the river empties into the bay. It's basically the head of the bay.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Welcome aboard! I've fished for yellow perch a few times in past years at greys run and have put in my kayak there. Greys run is basically the head of bush river. There is no parking lot, just park on the side of route 40.

Also, check out this for other spots to launch near Otter Creek:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/harford.asp
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

PM Fjarhead ....... he fishes there alot

Comment

Thanks for the information, I have found at least one or two spots, the map Shadyfisher85 was just what I needed. Can't wait to get out on the water.

Just need to get some decent boots now for wading through the mud along the shore, and a mount for my hand held GPS and I will be ready.
                Last edited by mi327; 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM.
                Mike

Comment

Working...
                X