No announcement yet.

How's Everybody Doing? New Guy Here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's Everybody Doing? New Guy Here...

Hi everyone. My name is TW and I want to be a Kayaker.

There I said it.

FourSteps invited me. Thank you 4Steps! I've been cruising the board reading threads for a few days. I can't wait to get a Kayak so I can cruise parts of the Potomac, streams, ponds, lakes. I live in Indian Head, MD and there are lots of close water access points.

Anyway...thanks for having me folks. Nice place you have here!

Welcome aboard TW

Comment

Welcome, I'm new also.

I'd like to read what folks think a great starter yak for fishing should be.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
        Welcome aboard TW
        Thanks CB! I appreciate it!

Comment

Welcome again TW. You are my first recruiter. LOL! My first kayak was a Prowler Trident 13 and it was excellent. I think it is a great starter kayak as well as for the most experienced yakers. It is very stable and tracks well. Even without a rudder. I have not paddled any other kayaks so I can only speak on those. I have a couple buddies who have Malibus and they love them. TW let me know if you need anything or any advice

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Brady Bounds View Post
            I'd like to read what folks think a great starter yak for fishing should be.
            Me too Capt! LOL! I heard of a deal on a 13 Trident. I'm amped so now is where I need to slow down and make a good choice.

I'm a big guy at 6ft, 210, well maybe 220 now. I quit smoking 6 months ago lol. I'm open to suggestions and would seriously appreciate any advice. I'm at work now, but in my mind, baby I"M ALREADY HOME....FISHIN!

Comment

Welcome!
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

TW I am a little over 220lbs and with my Trident 13 I had no problems at all. The weight capacity it great

Comment

Howdy, welcome to MKF and kayaking!
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                  3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                    Welcome!
                    Thanks Grilled Sardine!

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
                      Howdy, welcome to MKF and kayaking!
                      Right back atcha!

Comment

welcome TW! if you can get the prowler at a good price you wont go wrong they are nice kayaks. make sure its not a beat up wreck

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                          Welcome again TW. You are my first recruiter. LOL! My first kayak was a Prowler Trident 13 and it was excellent. I think it is a great starter kayak as well as for the most experienced yakers. It is very stable and tracks well. Even without a rudder. I have not paddled any other kayaks so I can only speak on those. I have a couple buddies who have Malibus and they love them. TW let me know if you need anything or any advice
                          Sir. It is on

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                            welcome TW! if you can get the prowler at a good price you wont go wrong they are nice kayaks. make sure its not a beat up wreck

Thanks Surf. I'll be sure. My real concern is rigging it up right. Drilling into my Kayak has me a little worried I'm just sayin.."so let me get this straight, I need to put holes in a perfectly good kayak?".

Comment

Originally posted by twcrawford View Post
                              Drilling into my Kayak has me a little worried I'm just sayin.."so let me get this straight, I need to put holes in a perfectly good kayak?".
                              Took me a while to drill my first hole... now I've got a whole bunch, ahhahahaha... it's fine, just don't drill below the waterline and seal them with silicone or marine goop.
                              Mike S.
                              Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
                              X