Spankin' Stripers MKF group order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spankin' Stripers MKF group order

There seemed to be quite a bit of interest from MKF members at the swap meet yesterday in putting together a group order of bucktails and/or jigheads from Spankin' Stripers.

I spoke more in depth with Gary on the way back from the show and he is willing to basically give us everything at wholesale cost (plus tax). He will make whatever size, shape, colors that we want (I have yet to find a mold he does not have).

There is one caveat; custom sizes, colors, combinations require a minimum order of 1 dozen per custom component (i.e., if you want electric chicken color hair in 1 1/2 oz, 2 oz and 3 oz spro head, you would have to get 12 of each size, if you want the same order but want to have green heads and white heads of each size you would have to order a dozen of each head color in each size). It is fine if we want to split custom orders between 2 or more members as long as the custom order for each item is at least 1 dozen. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO STANDARD STOCK!

Let me know what you guys are thinking and for those of you that did not make it to the swap meet you can check Spankin' Stripers out at www. spankinstripers.com. There are a whole lot of items that have not made it on the website so if there are bucktails or jigheads that you want, let me know-he has the molds and colors.

That sounds really good ............. He has those patented eyes that are increadible and it's no muss no fuss ........ I'd be in for a few with those eyes at wholesale prices ....... I can't make what he has ..... and he seems like a great guy ........

Comment

this is great! im in for some bucktails and spro style jig heads! ill go on the website and figure out what i want.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I'll have to check out the website. I need some bucktails so might as well get them at wholesale.
        2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Thanks for working this, naysayer.

Any idea on wholesale price?

I saw those lures yesterday. Awesome collection. They are the best quality bucktails/jigs I've seen. Not sure if you'll get more strikes, but the eyes are so cool looking. I also like the variety of colors and hook sizes offered. Lastly, the eyelets on the jigs are clear, not clogged with paint like the ones you can buy at stores. I already have a lot of other bucktails/jigs and really don't need any more, but I will buy certainly buy some. (because it's those eyes...lol)

Will you mail them to us, or do we meet someplace (e.g., M&G) for pick-up?
          Last edited by tufnik; 03-04-2012, 04:32 PM.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
            I already have a lot of other bucktails and really don't need any more, but I will buy certainly buy some. (because it's those eyes...lol)
            hahaha! Crap, me too... They look nice.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I would like a few more...Sould we pick out what we want on the website and PM you...
              Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
              Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm in for some. What's the procedure?
                Thanks for the leg work on this deal!
                Hobie PA 12

Comment

I'd be interested in some too. Thanks for putting that together.
                  Sun Fishin'

Comment

Crap, I didn't think this through too well . If you didn't get to see the Spankin' Stripers stuff at the swap meet and don't see anything that strikes your fancy on the website let me know, the majority of the bucktails and jig heads are not on the website.

It would be best if everyone posts what they want here so that people can get together on the custom stuff but if your wife (or husband) is an avid reader on hear and you don't want her to know you are making an order, you can feel free to PM me. I will have to get some pricing as we go based on what people want but I will get with Gary and get pricing for the basic items like the jig heads with the glass eyes and the stock bucktails. Spro type (minnow) bucktails and jig heads will be custom orders (the costs will be about the same as his other stuff of the same weight but will require the purchase of at least a dozen). Most types of jigheads and bucktails are available in weights from 1/2 oz to 4 oz.

For me to get pricing I need to know shape, hair color(s), size/weight, head color(s), anything else special (feathers, flash, stinger hook, color behind eyes for the glass marble eyes, etc.).

Comment

order...

spro jigheads (half electric chicken/half white with chartruese nose)
                      12 - 1oz
                      12 - 1.5 oz
                      12 - 2oz

bucktails (half metal flake chartruese/ half white with charturese nose)
                      12- 2oz
                      12 -3oz
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I'm interested in the Spro jigheads. What are the "stock" colors?

Thanks.
                        Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
                          I'm interested in the Spro jigheads. What are the "stock" colors?

Thanks.
                          No stock colors on the Spro style, they will be custom made to order. He used to make them so the molds are there but he stopped making them as stock items a while ago.

If it is just the jig heads that you want I will ask if the minimum 1 dozen per color applies like it does if they are bucktails. What color(s) and size/weight are you looking for?

GS- i'll check on the same for yours.

Stay tuned-I'll call him now.
                          Last edited by nay_sayer; 03-05-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I'm interested in Spro heads and the other ones with the alien eyes...

12, 1oz spro head, olive over white, head also olive over white w/ eyes

12, 1oz spro head, white on white with silver flash, white head with silver glitter in paint w/ eyes

6, 2 oz with the big eyes like you had at the show in green over white (Delaware green?), green head with silver glitter (I think you stock these?)

6, 3 oz with the big eyes like you had at the show in chartreuse over white, white head with glitter (I think you stock these?)
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Chartreuse w/ red nose and white w/ red nose in 1/2, 3/4 and 1 oz .
                              I'd like 6 of each if there is no minimum.
                              Thanks.
                              Hobie PA 12

Comment

Working...
                              X