Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post.Getting back to fishing after long hiatus and would like to know if anyone has info on Ming Yang baitcasting reels.Glad to be here.

Originally posted by BareBones View Post
    My first post.Getting back to fishing after long hiatus and would like to know if anyone has info on Ming Yang baitcasting reels.Glad to be here.
    Glad to see your first post- welcome-

Here is a post from Catfishing forum on the Ming Yang CL80 reel-

Well to fill you guys in on the MY.... there junk, got two and both too a crap the first time out , one on the first cast, the bearing fell apart , the second on the first hook-up the anti reverse broke , or should I say the anti-reverse bearing housing started spinning on the side plate allowing the handle to spin backwards , they look good and all but the guts are S#$% and the bearing housing on the side plate for the anti reverse will spin on the side plate the first time you get a REAL fish on and the bearing itself is of the cheapest they can find, the plastic will break on the inner race, the inattention to quality is ever present if you just put a screwdriver to any of the screws, non were tight and hardly any grease or oil in the reel to speak of. I contacted MY about the issues I have has with the reels (CL 80s) and the reply was they were not aware of ant defects or issues with their product. I sent the reel back that has the bearing housing issue and the reel was returned with a letter stating that the reel was working as "designed" and no problems were found. Well I tell you this, if it says anti-reverse and the F$%^& handle spins backwards when a fish pulls drag the D$^%^& reel is not working as "designed" unless they are making junk and bullsh&*ing their buyers. I am sticking with the tried and true ABU's and the MY's I have are not ever going to see the light of day again. They are just another piece of sh&* Chinese knock off to take our hard earned money and give us sh^* in return. I have filed complaint with the BBB and the state (Virginia) corporation commission.

Having built and repaired reels and rods for over 25 years and owned the top of the line as well as the lower grade tackle and rods/reels I must say these are the biggest piece of sh&* reels to hit the market in many a year. If you want a fairly mid grade reel go with the OMOTO reels that BigDav has at Bottom Dwellers or save your dimes and go for the good stuff He has and get a 7000 ABU and leave the JUNK MY's for the people on that "OTHER" site to wast their money on. I know BigDav personaly and got my MY CL-80s from him, He is totally embarrassed about the junk quality and issues I and others have had with them. He also sold me the ABU's to replace the junk reels. I do not hold BigDav responsible for the issues with this product since this is an issue that only came up after reel field testing under reel fishing conditions, not in some "test" lake where MY said their reels are thoroughly tested.

So now that I have that off my chest and let everyone know just how bad MY reels are I am taking my 10 ABU 7000's and going to the big river to catch big catfish.

Pretty harsh review, but then with a name like Ming Yang???...I have Shimanos, a bunch of Abu's, Daiwa Saltist, Penn's, an Okuma, Quantum's, and Pflueger's....I have had no quality control issues with any of these reels- some are over 30 years old- and some are fairly inexpensive- I have more Abu's than all the other models and favor these reels. IMHO they are a good value and very durabie-
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 03-09-2012, 03:00 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome! Never heard of Ming Yang reels, sorry.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

welcome
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome! Hope to see you at the M&Gs.

There's quite a number of threads on Ming reels on the stripersonline forum. Just type in "Ming Yang" in the search.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Welcome

Comment

MY reels

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                Welcome! Hope to see you at the M&Gs.

There's quite a number of threads on Ming reels on the stripersonline forum. Just type in "Ming Yang" in the search.
                Thaks for the info, the new MY reels are supposed to be impreved.The older modles are sold at BPS under the name MegaCast.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
                  X