New Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kayak

I picked up my new Ivory Outback yesterday. I also got the turbo fins and a sail kit. I spent most of today making a system to lift and hang it from the ceiling in my garage. Can’t wait to get it on the water. Planning to get a FF but want to play with it for a while before I add anything. I will post some pictures soon.

The install kit Hobie sells with their FFs has 8 AA batteries, how long do they last with a X-4 Lowrance?
    Ivory Outback

Congrats, I will be picking mine up this week I got a blue OB. Ivory was def my fav color but I got a good deal on the blue one so I couldn't pass it up. I am also probably going for the lowrance elite x-4 but I am interested in the DSI model.

Comment

Congrats... welcome to The Hobie Life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg SS396 View Post
        I picked up my new Ivory Outback yesterday. I also got the turbo fins and a sail kit. I spent most of today making a system to lift and hang it from the ceiling in my garage. Can’t wait to get it on the water. Planning to get a FF but want to play with it for a while before I add anything. I will post some pictures soon.

The install kit Hobie sells with their FFs has 8 AA batteries, how long do they last with a X-4 Lowrance?
        Congrats... What kind of hoist are you using?
        2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

Congrats on the new yak.

I used the AA pack for my FF for several years. The batteries lasted 6 or 7 all day trips no problem. I would change them out after that just incase, I didn't want to loose power out on the water. I have since upgraded to a bigger battery I won at the CBKA tourni last year.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. You can get a rough estimate of operation time if you can find the current draw for that fish finder on their website. A lot of guys use 5 or 7ah SLA batteries. One thing to consider about using AA batteries vs. SLA batteries is that the SLAs require fewer connections which means less connections to corrode.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Welcome! You will enjoy the new ride.
              2012 Hobie Revo 13'
              2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

awesome choice. Enjoy.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Welcome to Hobie Heaven !!!!

Comment

Congrats on your new toys, upload pics. I can't wait for my Hobie to come in, still waiting, should be anyday now.
                    Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
                    Stealth Green Tarpon 140
                    Orange Koho Perception

Comment

Wow. Three guys on this one thread getting Hobies. If you guys are new to yak fishing, you sure are serious and quick. I fished almost 2 years on my paddle yak before deciding on getting my Outback.

Congrats!
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I got a couple of pictures of my handy work with my cell. I built a hoist with pulleys so I’m only lifting about 20lbs. One ¼” line lifts the whole kayak inverted. I used ¾” plastic pipe in the scuppers and 1 ½” in the drive well. When it is up near the ceiling, I swing the padded 2 x 4s over for the kayak to rest on and release the lifting line. A little overkill but easy to do by myself.
                        Attached Files
                        Ivory Outback

Comment

thats a pretty sweet system!
                          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I like the pulleys too!! the guy I bought My 1st pro angler from had an electric pulley system for the PA in his garage.

Comment

I bought a $50 pulley system a year ago and use it in my garage to hoist and keep my 2nd kayak (Tarpon 120) up in the ceiling of my garage. Works greatm, and keeps the boat out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X