New Boat-Pohick Bay Yellow Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boat-Pohick Bay Yellow Perch

Got a new boat this weekend, decided on the Versa Board -combo sit on top kayak & stand up paddle board-, didn't get the angler package, but I plan on adding a crate with rod holders.

Went to Pohick Bay for its mayden voyage, caught several smaller Yellow Perch and one small Large Mouth.

After the first trip, it feels like more of a warm weather boat considering it takes on water, but it's very stable while standing, and maneuverable as both a stand up paddle board and sit on top kayak. It has a lot of potential as a fishing vessel and I look forward to the warmer months when I can use it to its fullest potential.

Anyone else here have any experience fishing on stand up paddles boards or similar boats?

Here's a couple pictures of the boat and the mayden voyage.
    Attached Files

Nice! It's always better when you avoid the skunk on the maiden voyage. Welcome aboard.

Comment

That's a good way to christen your new boat. It sounds like it'll be a good snakehead hunting boat since you can stand on it.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice ride. I've never seen one. How was the stability?
        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

congrats !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shield View Post
            Nice ride. I've never seen one. How was the stability?
            The little time I spent using it as a SUP it felt very stable. It's essentially a tri-hull design so it distributes your weight evenly across a larger surface area. Considering it's length 12', it is surprisingly light 53lb, and maneuverable as well.

Comment

does it track well?
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Riverdog,

Congrats on the vessel. I see you opted for the Versa-board, it's you! I agree, it would look better during the warmer months with a hot babe in a bikini standing on it...haha. We'll have to hook up one of these weekends.
                Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
                Stealth Green Tarpon 140
                Orange Koho Perception

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                  does it track well?
                  It has a drop down, spring loaded skeg that is controlled by a handle on the right hand side towards the back of the boat. When it's up it's relatively clumsy and will track left or right with a slight stroke of the paddle, but when its down it tracks real well and you have much more control of your heading.

Comment

Originally posted by loupa5 View Post
                    Riverdog,

Congrats on the vessel. I see you opted for the Versa-board, it's you! I agree, it would look better during the warmer months with a hot babe in a bikini standing on it...haha. We'll have to hook up one of these weekends.
                    Thanks lou, it seems like a great boat so far. Haha everything looks better with hot chicks in bikinis standing on top.

I just wrapped up a home improvement project so I'll have more time on the weekends to devote to whats really important, kayak fishing... Let me know when you want to go out.

Comment

I've seen guys fishing from SUP's even on the ocean in Latin America. They certainly seem fast and stable enough....but sitting like that?? That is a youngb man's game.
                      Good luck, I look forward to reading about further adventures.
                      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                      X