Fishing Report For Mar 14, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Report For Mar 14, 2012

Dead calm day. Started at 7am from Solomons Boat Ramp. Three dozen stripers caught and released by two spinning rod anglers, on jigheads and plastics. Back to dock 1pm. Biggest 31.5"

The fishing opportunities are out there. Very good situation for Kayak anglers.

Capt Brady
    Kayak Mothership & Ferry Service

Nice catches. I can't wait till trophy season because I'm mostly a catch and eat kinda guy

BTW. Fishing reports out of MD go to The Boatyard. Reports out of VA go to Waters Beyond - Virginia. If you want, ask Grilled Sardines or stupidjet to transfer the thread.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Brady Bounds View Post
      Dead calm day. Started at 7am from Solomons Boat Ramp. Three dozen stripers caught and released by two spinning rod anglers, on jigheads and plastics. Back to dock 1pm. Biggest 31.5"

The fishing opportunities are out there. Very good situation for Kayak anglers.

Capt Brady
      Kayak Mothership & Ferry Service
      Capt,

Was this from kayaks or a power boat?

Thanks,

Nice report.

Meadeo
      2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

thanks for the report. fished monday and wednesday after work and hooked a couple rock, on monday a 23 and a 19 at 500 pm and a 19 on wednesday about 3:45. a guy next to me pulled in a nice one at about 26". bigger fish should be coming in soon. i was long rodding from shore but the wind was down and the water flat nice for a kayak

Comment

Sounds like a productive trip. Thanks for the update.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

My parents live in Calvert County, if you wouldnt mind giving up a little more information as to where you headed after leaving the docks that would be greatly appreciated. Where you in open water or fishing structure like the bridge? I may take my yak down there this weekend if its this good!!
            -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
            -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
              Capt,

Was this from kayaks or a power boat?

Thanks,

Nice report.

Meadeo
              This was from my guideboat, the same one that I will be using to mothership and ferry yaks.

So what I can't figure out is, where are the kayak anglers? The fish are there. It's very calm on a west or southwest wind.

Comment

Where's the fish ?

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
                My parents live in Calvert County, if you wouldnt mind giving up a little more information as to where you headed after leaving the docks that would be greatly appreciated. Where you in open water or fishing structure like the bridge? I may take my yak down there this weekend if its this good!!
                Structure in Pax River, painted a few on Pt Patience but unable to hookup, The "chute" on Cedar Pt Rip gave up three, and the rest at CCNPP. Did not paint fish holding on the bridge pilings, but expect it within a few weeks. Several pods of baitfish at Drum Pt and offshore of the CCNPP in sixty feet of water.

Comment

The Docks to CCNPP is a pretty far paddle definitely over 8 miles one way. On the Bay conditions change extremely quickly, a spot like this would greatly benefit from a mothership type of operation. I dont know of any public launches that are closer. CCNPP has a public park adjacent to the private land, but the beach is over a mile and a half from parking. I will probably go down to solomons early next week and stay around the river fishing structure. I really need to get a fishfinder!!
                  -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Access to CCNPP by kayak

The distance from Solomons Boat ramp to CCNPP is 12.8 miles. The distance from Cove Pt is much shorter, less than half that but there are access problems if you are not a resident, as it is not a public beach. Flag Ponds park and nature area to the north is very close but there is a 3/8 mi. portage from the parking lot to the beach down a rather steep dirt road, and there is a user fee. Another possibility is launching at Flag Harbor, however, again not a public beach or launch site. The distance being about four miles to the CCNPP. You might be able to work out a launch there as a commercial marina operates in that harbor, but probably you will have to launch and enter you yak from a bulkhead or dock about 3-4 feet above the water; still, can be done.

From the eastern shore side of the Bay, Taylor's Island Campground is directly across from the CCNPP at about 6.5 miles, totally open water.

Comment

Seeking A Few Intrepid Kayakers, Let's Get This Ferry Service Going !

Step up, somebody has to be the first to try out my ferry service. I need a minimum of two kayaks and a max of three.

One time offer: Depart Solomons Boat Ramp at 0630, on a weekday. Wind must be favorable or forecast to be from this quadrant: SSW around to WNW. Rain or shine. Transport yaks in guideboat to beach nearby CCNPP and launch them. Around 1100 gather up, reload yaks & anglers into guideboat and return to Solomons Boat Ramp by 12n. One time offer, total cost $50/kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Brady Bounds View Post
                        From the eastern shore side of the Bay, Taylor's Island Campground is directly across from the CCNPP at about 6.5 miles, totally open water.
                        I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!!! Might do that next week. But yeah like i was saying not much "public" access. I might be down with the maiden voyage trip, I got a 16 ft boat is that a problem?
                        -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Think fish will still be there in two weeks? Work trips are killing my fishing!
                          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                            Think fish will still be there in two weeks?
                            The fishing especially for Rockfish is only on the up and up!!!
                            -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Fish At CCNPP

Will fish be there next week ?

Are you kidding me ? Fish are always there. However these next four weeks before the catch & kill season begins, is game on !

Real likely chance to catch and release stripers over twenty pounds, happens nearly everyday that you can get out there. Also the fishing area is small...in the order of 6-8 acres.

Comment

Working...
                              X