Solomons Fishing Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solomons Fishing Fair

Has anybody been to the Solomons fishing fair before? Any kayak representation?

It's being held next weekend on the 24th and 25th at the Solomons Fire House.

Not until about 3 years ago, and it was just 1 guy http://www.bluhavenpiers.com/ he is a hobie guy. I have not been back since it was more directed toward the big boat guys, tho I'll be there this year.
    '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
    '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
    Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

I will be at Solomons MSSA Fair

I will be there, both days. Although I am not currently as active as I once was in MSSA, this particuliar chapter is one that I co-founded. They have done quite well without me ! (lol)

My products (dropper flies) are in the www.specializedbaits.com booth. Also check out Fish Off Gloves, Magnum Boat Lifts, The Tackle Box, BluHaven Piers, BKD, SeaTow and there are two dozen other vendors, besides folks just selling used equipment.

This is a show that is the pride of Solomons, and one that MKF could and should have a table at to promote whatever project we are doing.

Too late for me to get in there with the Kayak Ferry/Mothership service now, but next year, you can bet I'll have a table.

Arrive early on Sat. Breakfast sandwiches are very good.

Comment

Alright sounds good, I'll be heading over on Saturday morning to check it out then.

Comment

Dropped in at the fishing fair this morning. Definitely geared toward the larger boats but the Blue Haven Pier kayak sales and rental guys were pretty nice and I caught sight of a Snagged Line sweat shirt but I didnt get a chnce to stop and introduce myself.

I ended up not spending a single dollar! I was quite surprised as was my wife.

Comment

That MKF sweatshirt was me. Stopped by for a little while with Tom (Medicyaker) this morning. Nice to almost meet you

Comment

Yes it was a nice show. Smaller than I had expected but still a nice show. I wish I had known you were there Capt. Brady, Would loved to have talked to you about your offer for Heroes on the Water and any other Yakers that want to do the Mothership thing. I was the Bald guy next to or with Nay_sayer. I agree we should have had a MKF and or a HOW representation. Next season, there will be a table or something at most shows about Heroes on the Water and MKF providing I can afford the table or space. Hopefully we will meet someday.
              Tom Brown
              Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13
              2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Table Next Year ? Absolutely Yes !

I can make that happen and I'm sure we can find a donated table or a sponsor for either or both.

Comment

Thank you Capt. I appreciate the gesture and will take you up on the offer.
                  Tom Brown
                  Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                  2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Thank you, as you're doing all the work. I'm just putting the tools into your hands.

Comment

Working...
                    X