Bay Bridge Photos 3/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Photos 3/19

For those of you who couldn't make it out yesterday...

The Pride of Baltimore passing under the bridge

It was so calm, even the ducks were out as far as the rock piles

By 3pm, the sun had melted the clouds and fog

Fat 20" striper

Sunset...

22" striper caught on a barbless xrap
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

WOW !!!!!! ......... amazing pics Mike ....... Thanks for sharing

Comment

Very Nice!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Great job on the fish and photos. We saw the Pride of Baltimore going down the bay while slinging the long rods at SPSP on Sunday.

I think that pair of ducks made about 10 passes up the beach looking for handouts. They must have heard you were into the fish and flew out to see the action.

Comment

Great pics.

When I saw your pic with the x-rap I had to laugh. Remember when I told you that I had lost a fish at the boat's edge on a crankbait? It might have been the exact same lure x-rap that is shown in your picture.

Nice fish - I'm glad you got yours in the boat.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Ahab, nice running into you on the water. (you guys should see his rig it's pretty awesome)

Yeah, that xrap was hot. On my way back from my 6 hour possum fest at the rock pile, I trolled 2 xraps. This blue one and a similar orange one. Caught 3 within 1 hour on the blue one, nothing on the orange.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice work on the fish and pics.... I'm gonna add your pic as pic of the day on the blog, all credit to you of course!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                I'm gonna add your pic as pic of the day on the blog, all credit to you of course!!
                I am honored. Thank you!
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback

Comment

I crossed over the BB, east to west, about 2:30pm. Probably drive right over you, albeit a 100-200 feet above you. I saw the big sailing boat out there but didn't know it was the Pride of Baltimore. Sure was calm looking out there. Nice fat looking fish.
                  Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

WOW, Awesome Pics! You should enter those in the MD DNR Photo contest. I think they still do it every year. Nice fish too. What was the model # or color # or whatever so I can get one of those Rapala's. I'm sure we sell them at BPro.
                    I have got to get over my fear of the cold water and get out there!!! I'm missing so much great fishing.
                    Tom Brown
                    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                      What was the model # or color # or whatever so I can get one of those Rapala's. I'm sure we sell them at BPro.
                      Hey Medic, I know for a fact you sell them at BPS cause that's where I got it. I have had more success with this crankbait than any other that I have. I'm pretty sure it's the SXR14BSRD.
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X