miami beach park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miami beach park?

Looks like it could be a good spot for some shore fishing. Has anybody had any success here?
    Ascend A10

Jeez... Miami Beach on the Bay. My mom use to take me there to swim when I was around 10 years old... that would be back in the mid-1950s. As I remember it, it was so shallow there that a small kid like me could wade way out what seemed like a couple 100 yards and not be chest deep. Good time though swimming and goofing off with a few friends.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

So its a no fishing area then?
      Ascend A10

Comment

Dunno... I haven't been there for 50 years. Just saying that where I was swimming it was probably too shallow too far out to be a good place to fish. But you never know how 50 years can change a place.
        Howard

Comment

I suppose. I just assumed there was no fishing allowed there because thats usually the case where swimming is allowed. At least it seems to be that way. But I'm sure if it's allowed I could wade out a good ways to fish. I like fishing waist deep in water. One of my favorite ways to do it.
          Ascend A10

Comment

You're certainly right about fishing there during the swimming season. I'd think that fishing then would be prohibited, at least seasonally. But during the off seasons fishing might be allowed. Might even be able to launch a cartop.
            Howard

Comment

I just checked the baltimore County Park web site for Miami Beach. There wasn't a lot of detail about park hours but seemed to indicate the swimming beach might be closed to the general public during off-hours and off-seasons. Sounds like a call or visit might be in order.
              Howard

Comment

Working...
              X