Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Delaware Largemouth...State Record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Delaware Largemouth...State Record?

Hi all,

Just joined up to MKF after buying an Outback a few weeks ago...mostly a freshwater guy by trade but would love to get into Bay fishing with the new toy. After my 3rd trip out I bagged the huge bass below at Silver Lake in downtown Dover DE on a black jig--I estimate to be safely between 9 and 10 pounds, but of course did not have a scale (wasn't anticipating the fish of a lifetime out of Dover...). If anyone knows any recommended starter locales for decent Delaware Bay fishing please share and thanks in advance...If anyone has some other big bass photos from this area share 'em!

-RF
    Attached Files

WElcome and nice Fish man thats a hog!!!! Roosevelt inlet is great for flounder!!

Comment

Nice fish, looks like you can fit your fist into its mouth.

Comment

Great fish. What a nice way to break in your kayak.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

HUGE BASS! congrats on very nice fish.

i haven't been but i think there may be the odd flounder getting into IRB and likely areas near there once in awhile. i hope to give them a try in a couple weeks. welcome to the board and congrats on a sweet ride. no shortage of outback and other hobie owners around here, and paddlers too.

Comment

Wow, huge. Didn't know they get that big around here. Congrats!

BTW. Fishing reports out of DE should be posted in Waters Beyond - Delaware
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks for the advice...are there some rigging options you recommend? Single hook and sinker near river outflows?

Comment

I hope you didn't throw it back..... It probably is a new record. I've never seen a bass that big before...
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Part of me wishes I hadn't but as you can probably tell she was full of eggs and I'd hate to take away what's probably the biggest breeder in that lake...just wish I could have had a scale, haha

Comment

That's a nice way to christen your yak and an awesome fish. It looks like this is the time of year to catch monster bass in Delaware:

http://www.wgmd.com/?p=51725&cpage=1
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I think if you take a pic of it along with a ruler and send the pic to the DE DNR, you can qualify for some type of certificate. That's how many states handle angler credit for tournaments, awards, records, citations, etc. It's part of their catch and release program.

FYI. Send a request to Grilled Sardines or stupidjet and one them will transfer your thread to the right forum.
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Sweet thanks for the heads up! I just pulled out the tape measure using the photo for reference and she looks to be about 24"...

Comment

sweet LM!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X