No announcement yet.

Monthly Meet & Greet - Aug 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i vote Hemmingways.....SPSP has been super packed lately.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
      i vote Hemmingways.....SPSP has been super packed lately.
      Yeah ...... I was helping with Wish a Fish a couple of weeks ago and was going to get some supplies that we were missing at a local store and was told to not even try because I wouldn't get back in ....... I think they closed the gates because they were filled .........

Anyway SPSP has no shade ......... have to park a mile from everything and compete with the boats for launching ..........

Oh ..... and no beer .....

I already voted

Comment

^ i left spsp once to get ice and when returning they made me pay again even though I had a receipt. I didnt feel like arguing so i just paid the $5
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

What? No beer?!?!?

Beer clincher: Hemingway's!!!

Any other suggestions? Keeping in mind the beer clincher, of course.

Comment

the only thing about hemingway's is that they dont have grills or tables or hot scenery, also not a good place to practice re-entry if anyone wants to. the beach launch at spsp has a whole side for small craft launch parking.

Comment

I vote Hemingway's over SPSP,less boat traffic. How about Romancoke less boat traffic and less fishing pressure on site.Last time I was at the bridge it looked like every piling on the bridge had a boat fishing it.

Comment

Man it sucks that I won't be able to make it, but I am clearing the calendar for the September date as we speak!

MYT

Comment

I think Hemingway's will work just fine. I plan on heading to OC after we finish up, so already being over the bridge is a big plus!!! I'll be bringing the shirts for the members that I haven't gotten them too.

I still have a few extras.... XL and maybe 1 medium let me know if your interested, I'll make sure I bring all the extras on the 14th too

Comment

........ Was looking forward to meeting you guys @ the meet and greet but I just found out that I'm going to be at Cherrystone that weekend.

I have a Trailer that I keep there and I haven't been down all season because of the work schedule ........ 1 trip was postponed and it left a window open and Cherrystone had 1 spot open .......... so I gotta go .......

Oh well ........ maybe the Sept. meet and greet

Oh yeah ......... the trailer can sleep up to 10 but it only has 6 beds ....... maybe we can put together a trip sometime if you guys would want to fish the VA Eastern Shore/CBBT/Concrete Ships ........

Comment

are you kidding? have tent will travel

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                        are you kidding? have tent will travel
                        Tent? ............

this is luxury dude ....... 33' PUMA w/15'super slide giving a 12x15 living room ........ full kitchen w/full fridge, microwave and oven ...... AC and tv/dvd .......... 4 bunk beds, sofa bed and master bedroom .......

Liquor, Grocery, dollar and video stores 2 miles away if you don't like the campstore or restaurant

Oh and if ya don't wanna cook ........ I know many of the restaurants in the area ......... and there are some REALLY good ones

Oh and night fishing on the Cherrystone reef which is a 5 minute paddle directly ahead should be great but no one has done it as far as I know ......... the famous bouy 36A is about a mile paddle about 5 degrees south of the campground ........ then there is the Famous town of Oyster about 3 miles due east by road where 3 tarpon have been caught this year ....... and the concrete ships are a 15 minute drive south as well as CBBT ......... and then there's the spots north I haven't been ..........

although ......... a tent could be nice too ........

Comment

Um... if this is a serious offer I am there too! I have a blow up single mat that I put down on one side of my Xterra and all my gear on the other. I've been meaning to make screens for the windows though. It's tough because I'm almost out of legroom...

I definitely want to go fish the HRBT, CBBT, Kiptopeake.... etc!
                          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

i usually rough it. all i need is a tent a large trash bag to sleep in and bug spray, one of those new fangled trailers would be nice

Comment

Jk i bought a sleeping bag last year sept-oct the fishing just gets better

Comment

I'm happy in a tent as well but that luxurious bus sounds real good if we keep the meet & greets going into December!

As an aside, the weekend after the October meet & greet me and the missus are planning a camping trip to Assateague Is. The intent is surf fishing ocean side. Wasn't planning to take the kayak but that could change...

Comment

Working...
                                X