Kiptopeke, VA Tog Fishing 4/7-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiptopeke, VA Tog Fishing 4/7-8

Aight who's interested? I know it is easter weekend, but I'm making the trip down. Will be leaving either Friday night after I get off work at 7:30pm or early Saturday morning going the Eastern Shore Route.

I'm gonna fish regardless of weather. I've been out there in some snotty stuff in December so it can't be as bad as that. Also I need to test out the Yak Attack GunnAll Skin!! I'll probably sleep in my car Friday, Saturday night or maybe try and find a cheap hotel room.

I know Tyler (MDFishin) is gonna try to make, who else is game for a little easter tog hunt!!

IM TOTALLY IN!! Cant wait never been before, Ill go regardless of weather...barring 30 mph winds and 4 foot seas lol. Im down to sleep in my car, or pitch a tent. I think theres camp grounds at kipto?? Super excited!
    -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
    -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Yeah I'll probably bring my tent too, kipto does have camping its a va state park.

Comment

this weekend or next??
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

7th and 8th of april

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
            IM TOTALLY IN!! Cant wait never been before, Ill go regardless of weather...barring 30 mph winds and 4 foot seas lol. Im down to sleep in my car, or pitch a tent. I think theres camp grounds at kipto?? Super excited!
            .......... Dude ........ down there 39 mph will get you 6 ftr's ........

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
              .......... Dude ........ down there 39 mph will get you 6 ftr's ........
              Yeah there was some internet sarcasm in my quote lol. Im hoping for the best of conditions, but im not one to shy away from something because of a little foul weather. I wont go out in anything unsafe, or beyond my capablities, but we are all constantly learning
              -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Weather is looking good as of now, keeping fingers crossed.
                -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

I'm thinking CBBT, but if the wind is too high, my back-up will be Kipto. Forecast is 10-15 mph with higher gusts, which is not good for CBBT. Save some togs for me to catch at Kipto....lol

Even at Kipto, high winds/waves will give you a rockin' time. Don't forget to add yak side protectors.
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
                    Weather is looking good as of now, keeping fingers crossed.
                    Yeah I checked it out today too.

My plan is to drive down Saturday morning, probably get there around 1... fish all afternoon and maybe into the night.

Then fish all sunday morning, head back home in the afternoon.

Not sure where I should try to get crabs though... i saw yesterday $28 a dozen at annapolis seafood market. I feel like that is pretty expensive for not quite being in season..

Anyone have any suggestions on the way from Calvert County to Kiptopeke?

Comment

are you looking for blue crabs? I might go into OC and get some sandflea, and green crab. I can get you some if you want, but no blue. Season opened yesteday so I'm sure you can get some at any of the seafood places on the eastern shore.
                      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna try to get some blue crabs... I hoping Mel's will be on the side of the road friday on my way to sunderland from work on friday.

Comment

I've seen blue crab as cheap as $1.69/lb, which is about 3 medium crabs. I think Oceans East may have them. They also have frozen clams and sand fleas, and maybe live fiddlers. Shrimp also works well. Comeonfish said shrimp works really well, maybe better than blue crab.
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                            I've seen blue crab as cheap as $1.69/lb, which is about 3 medium crabs. I think Oceans East may have them. They also have frozen clams and sand fleas, and maybe live fiddlers. Shrimp also works well. Comeonfish said shrimp works really well, maybe better than blue crab.
                            I plan on driving the eastern shore route, so I don't think oceans east is gonna be doable.

Yeah that kinda price sounds a lot better to my wallet

Comment

You can get blue crabs from Lotte, there is one in Ellicott city, not sure about on the way to Kipto...
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                              X