Searching for Cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Cats

I'm taking a buddy out this weekend, first time tandem. I thought we could hit Occoquan and try some catfishing with LMB in between. After looking on google maps and some depth charts, I'm starting to get ideas for other places. I noticed there is a large drop off at the North point of Piscataway bay just before Swan creek. Is anyone familiar with this or can recommend an area near by?
    -Jon
    Revo 13

That channel near Piscataway is good area. You should be able to fish inside creek for lmb too. Thats if winds aren't too high, otherwise Potomac is a mess.

I'd like to catch some nice cats myself.
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by new2yaks11 View Post
      That channel near Piscataway is good area. You should be able to fish inside creek for lmb too. Thats if winds aren't too high, otherwise Potomac is a mess.
      I'd like to catch some nice cats myself.
      I agree. Will stay away if its windy. This Saturday is foretasted to be very calm though.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Hey j - You might want to try Leesylvania State Park. Cats and bass are there for sure. Snakehead too.
        Hobie Outback
        WS Tarpon
        IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Snakeheads???? I want to catch some of them so bad.
          2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Caught solme real big blue catfish at
            Bushwood in St mary's county... see my report (coming soon)
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

killed the blue cats at bushwood on sunday

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                killed the blue cats at bushwood on sunday
                A little far for me. Due to the winds I may swing down to Mattawoman though. It seems a little shallow though. Are there deep holes not shown on nauticle charts? Im seeing a small one near the launch and another and little further toward the mouth.
                -Jon
                Revo 13

Comment

Fletcher's Cove might be a cool option - there are two big holes right above and right below that are 50ft+. I've recently caught cats up to 25lbs in both holes. There are some big one in there for sure.

Not too sure about the largemouth, I did see guys in a bass boat throwing jigs at some timber downstream about 2-300yds right along the dc shoreline.

Comment

Sounds great. Where is that exactly? Sry, never been there. I'm considering mattawoman because I hear it's protected from wind. A strong northwestern is rolling in and mattawoman happens to be on the souther edge of the bend in the Potomac. That's where I'd go if I was a fish
                    -Jon
                    Revo 13

Comment

Fletchers Cove
                      Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park, Washington, DC 20016
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!
                        -Jon
                        Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                        X