tandem fishing with my 6 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandem fishing with my 6 year old

Just joined this forum and it has been really helpful. Planning on taking my 6 year old out for the first time in a few weeks. Any good kid friendly spots I should know about? Thanks

how close to home you need to be?
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

You can launch at Marier PT Park in Joppa, its pretty protected waters aruond Rumsey island. Been meaning to check out Broad creek as well, they also have an easy launch site on 623 Caselton Rd.
      Yellow WS Ride 135
      Sand WS Tarpon 100

Comment

tandem fishing

I would say within 30 mins of perry hall. Not sure how long he is going to last

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
        how close to home you need to be?

Comment

Thanks Mohawk. Joppa is just around the corner. Will check it out!

Originally posted by MOHAWK135 View Post
          You can launch at Marier PT Park in Joppa, its pretty protected waters aruond Rumsey island. Been meaning to check out Broad creek as well, they also have an easy launch site on 623 Caselton Rd.

Comment

Dundee Creek Marina is another nearby spot for you to launch, but the fee is kind of steep at $10 when most other spots are free for cartop boats. You should be able to catch plenty of catfish and bass in the area of Dundee creek. Perch are plentiful in there too, but I don't think they are in quite yet. Might be by the time you go though...

Here is a link to the baltimore county boat ramp map from the dnr, so you can check out other spots:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/b_county.asp
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks for the info! Will check out the link

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
              Dundee Creek Marina is another nearby spot for you to launch, but the fee is kind of steep at $10 when most other spots are free for cartop boats. You should be able to catch plenty of catfish and bass in the area of Dundee creek. Perch are plentiful in there too, but I don't think they are in quite yet. Might be by the time you go though...

Here is a link to the baltimore county boat ramp map from the dnr, so you can check out other spots:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/b_county.asp

Comment

Working...
              X