fishing from a Hobie Adventure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing from a Hobie Adventure?

due to family, i'm considering a 2nd pedal yak. i love my outback but a friend suggested the adventure.

it's less than 28" wide (33 for outback i think) and is 16' long. i expect it would have a lot better 'glide', speed, long-distance ability.

has anyone here ever pedalled one? fished from one, considered it seriously?

i've noticed some guys switched from outback to revo - do you feel as safe/stble in the revo? i've also noticed some guys have switched from outback to PA; i suppose this was due to increased room more so than stability?

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
    due to family, i'm considering a 2nd pedal yak. i love my outback but a friend suggested the adventure.

it's less than 28" wide (33 for outback i think) and is 16' long. i expect it would have a lot better 'glide', speed, long-distance ability.

has anyone here ever pedalled one? fished from one, considered it seriously?

i've noticed some guys switched from outback to revo - do you feel as safe/stble in the revo? i've also noticed some guys have switched from outback to PA; i suppose this was due to increased room more so than stability?
    I know one of the guys here traded adventure for an outback due to his desire to have a smaller boat to fish bridges. If you had 2 yaks, there would certainly be a bigger difference between the outback and the adventure which may be to your advantage. on a long paddle the adventure would be MUCH faster and cover a lot more ground. The outback, of course, is a great fishing platform.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Hobie Adventure

I have a great deal on a new, 2009 Adventure.
      Ryan Easton Cycle and Sport 410.822.7433

Comment

i'm pretty sure it can't replace my outback entirely but i think i need to try one in real life to see if it has a place in a 2-boat household. thanks

Comment

Chexone has the 11 foot Revo- it is fast, nimble, light-weight, and seaworthy. If you are looking for a second yak for a family member in peddle yaks, consider the Revo-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ask Joe (Comeonfish) why he switched from an adventure to a revo. He could give you great insight on fishing from and Adventure!!

Comment

I paddle a 16 ft boat, and they are FAST!!
              -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
              -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

You might want to check out Youtube. I know there used to be some pretty cool vids of guys fishing the AI.

Comment

Working...
                X