MD 2012 flounder regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD 2012 flounder regs

I don't recall seeing anyone post this information yet. Recently, DNR announces its 2012 summer flounder (the flounder species we routinely encounter) regs.

"The Maryland Department of Natural Resources pursuant to COMAR 08.02.05.12E announces that the recreational summer flounder fishery will re-open statewide at 12:01am, Saturday, April 14th, 2012. The fishery will remain open through 11:59 pm December 16, 2012. Recreational anglers may keep up to 3 summer flounder per person per day. The minimum size for summer flounder is 17 inches in all Maryland state waters. The commercial hook and line minimum size is also 17 inches in all Maryland state waters.

The Department may close the recreational season early if projections indicate the recreational harvest target will be caught before December 16, 2012."

I believe the size limit last year was 18". The new limit of 17" should result in more keepers. The season opens this Saturday. Good luck guys.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Good news. Now i just need to catch one larger than 8 inches this year.

Comment

Working...
    X